Senior Project Assistant, Project Controls Specialist Resume
|Desired Industry: Business/Management
|Desired Job Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
||Date Posted: 8/6/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate:
CABRERA SERVICES, INC. - Las Vegas, NV (US Government Employee Category: Admin V)
SENIOR PROJECT ASSISTANT | PROJECT CONTROL SPECIALIST Aug 2003-Present
Effectively serve as West Coast Senior Project Assistant and Corporate (company wide) Project Controls Specialist. Manage and resolve various business and project issues for six other PAs across the country. Direct and monitor staff performance to ensure productivity, quality service, and customer satisfaction. Render administrative and logistical support to five West Coast office operations, which include managing new employees, drafting and reconciling expense reports, cost accounting for all projects, maintaining project files, and documenting operations management. Oversee a wide range of administrative duties, such as compiling project cost data, generating customer invoices, maintaining office personnel calendar, and coordinating office equipment maintenance support. Coordinate purchase orders, travel, as well as materials and equipment procurement. Conduct research to support the development of cost proposals. Ensure proper coordination and communication between internal and external offices, as well as administer the medical surveillance program. Utilize technical skills in administering network system. Generate administrative personnel career path, qualification, job descriptions, and beta testing company accounting software system modules.
- Gained exceptional skills and experience in conducting special project assignments to support corporate office operations, including drafting and revising work flow processes flowcharts for all administrative and accounting department procedures
- Administered the production of environmental remediation documentation and project reports for quality control and technical review procedures; proofread, formatted, printed, and distributed documents to clients and regulatory agencies
- Managed the drafting of flowchart diagrams on processes used in administrative and accounting departments for presentation to senior management, which resulted in decreases in amount of paperwork
- Facilitated and implemented effective training methodologies for all project staff on new processes
RMS TRADING, LLP - Chicago, IL (Chicago Board of Trade)
TRADERS’ ASSISTANT Jun 2001-Jan 2003
Monitored online overseas markets and reviewed P/L statement from previous day’s trading activities to set volatility limits for the start of the trading day in computers. Downloaded and re-checked trades and positions from previous day. Oversaw and monitored trading floor staff of five that consisted of open out-cry system and electronic traders. Actively participated in all trading operations procedures for partners and clients. Maintained daily trade activity records and verified accuracy of internal trading logs. Led the evaluation and validation of records with clearing house and Chicago Board of Trade clearing records.
- Skillfully administered all aspects of trading floor operations, as well as produced and revised risk management data, researched seat lease options, and maintained traders’ personal banking accounts and trusts.
- Managed the reconciliation of trading statements, as well as the preparation of brokerage fees tracking statements and daily/monthly P/L statements
PRIME INTERNATIONAL TRADING, LTD. - Chicago, IL (Chicago Board of Trade)
TRADERS’ ASSISTANT Dec 1999-May 2001
Oversaw the entire trading floor operations, as well as drafted and revised risk management data, researched seat lease options, and maintained traders’ personal banking accounts and trusts. Documented and maintained daily records of trade activity and verified accuracy of internal trading logs. Administered the preparation of trading statement reconciliation, brokerage fees tracking statements, and daily/monthly P/L statements. Accountable for evaluating, hiring, and reviewing (semi-annual performance and salary) personnel.
- Played an integral role in accomplishing all trading operations procedures for partners
- Provided efficient performance in validating records with clearing house and Chicago Board of Trade clearing records
RITCHIE CAPITAL MARKETS GROUP, LLC - Chicago, IL (Chicago Board of Trade)
SENIOR TRADING OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE 1998-1999
DT TRADING, LLC - Chicago, IL (Chicago Board of Trade, Options Exchange, and Mercantile Exchange)
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO AND CFO | TRADING OPERATIONS FLOOR STAFF MANAGER 1996-1998
SCHULTZ, CHEZ AND JESSER, LLP - Chicago, IL
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO SENIOR PARTNER 1996
MORRIS D. ZIELGER & CO., LLP - Chicago, IL
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 1994-1995
THE LASALLE CLUB - Chicago, IL
ATHLETIC STAFF | PERSONAL TRAINER 1993-1997
EDUCATION AND OTHER CREDENTIALS
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION, Northern Illinois University - Dekalb, IL
ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE IN GENERAL STUDIES, Moraine Valley Community College - Palos Heights, IL
CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER (CAPM), Project Management Institute: 2009
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING, Project Management Institute - Las Vegas, NV: 2008
SENIOR PROJECT ASSISTANT AND PROJECT CONTROL SPECIALIST
Diligent, analytical, and well-organized professional with solid administrative, project management, and general management expertise; equipped with extensive experience in team building, strategic planning, and customer service. Well-organized and dedicated with a career history of consistently increasing productivity and reducing costs through effective employment of exceptional planning, prioritizing, and goal-setting skills. Recognized for consistent success in developing processes and procedures that streamline operations, increase revenues, and drive profitable results. Possess great work ethics and outstanding ability in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven skills in human resources management, financial management, and operation management
- Effectively demonstrate ability in supervising, directing, and guiding individuals and groups in the completion of tasks and fulfillment of goals
- Proven ability in assuming challenging roles, performing highly visible positions, working under pressure to meet deadlines, and producing strong sustainable results
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Process and Operation Improvements
- Processes and Quality Improvement
- General / Operation / Administration Management
- Strategic Planning and Development
- Project Management and Implementation
- Customer Service and Satisfaction
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.