|Desired Industry: Business/Management
|Desired Job Location: los angeles, California
||Date Posted: 4/5/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 04/2009
|Desired Wage: 85,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
„« Professional in Industrial Organizational Psychology specializing in risk management offering a 10-year career distinguished by commended performance and proven results.
„« Extensive background in risk assessments, including experience in employee recruitment and retention, staff development, mediation, conflict resolution, benefits and compensation, records management, policies
development and legal compliance.
„« Demonstrated success in negotiating win-win compromises, developing teambuilding programs, and writing personnel manuals, corporate policies, job descriptions and management reports.
AEGON ¡X Los Angeles, CA
AEGON, an internationally company whose net revenue exceeds 400 billion dollars per year. Known in the insurance industry, AEGON owns Progressive Auto Insurance, Providian Financial, Transamerica; & along with 150 other companies.
Executive Marketing Director, 2003 to 2007
Independent Risk Consultant, 2007-2009
Recruited to help open new company branch in Los Angeles, guiding the startup and management of a full spectrum of operations, systems and programs. Worked with senior management to create policies and procedures; recruit employees; create group benefits databases; and develop orientation, training and incentive programs. Administer benefits enrollment and programs; administer budget; and handle workplace issues.
• Played a key role in ensuring the successful launch of Los Angeles office. Structured and implemented programs and policies in the areas of training, compensation structures, benefits packages, incentives and new-employee orientation.
• Fostered a teamwork/open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization. Personal efforts were cited as the driving force behind branch¡¦s employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
• Brought workers¡¦ compensation program into full compliance. Instituted preferred providers list and trained managers and associates on procedures to follow in case of injury.
• Reduced benefits costs by 15% annually through meticulous recordkeeping and ensuring that company did not pay for benefits for which employees were ineligible.
• Wrote employee manual covering issues including disciplinary procedures, code of conduct, FMLA policy and benefits information.
• Introduced company¡¦s first formal performance review program, creating a flexible and well received tool that was later adopted company-wide.
• Trained 200-member management team on interviewing techniques and best practices, conducting workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions that contributed to sound hiring decisions.
• Financial Risk Assessment pertaining to determining the level of risk with stocks, mutual funds, property & casualty, and personal & business insurance between clients. The risk assessments determined millions of dollars in savings for organization and individuals.
• Leadership risk assessment pertaining to training, presentations, code of honor, leading, marketing, performance, strengths, and teamwork.
• Created, revised and implemented Departmental & HR Policy¡¦s and Procedures
• Designed and implemented product tracking system
• The successful campaign to establish corporate offices in Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, and Los Angeles; and a partnership with the Maximum Results Training Firm.
• Wrote business plans to provide future deadline and financial goals for the Organization and staff.
Healthcare Services ¡X Los Angeles, CA
Leading National healthcare company employing 4,500 professionals.
District Manager, 2008 to 2008
• Co-developed company¡¦s first-ever standardized disciplinary procedures and tracking system that insulated company from legal risk and ensured consistent and fair discipline processes.
• Devised creative and cost-effective incentive and morale-boosting programs (including special events and a tiered awards structure) that increased employee satisfaction and productivity.
• Reworked new-hire orientation program to promote an increase in training and knowledge.
• Reversed a profit decline throughout 10 accounts through strategic planning and risk assessments. Decreased account budgets by 30-50%, employee turn-over & call offs by 50-80%; and improving account inventories by 70%.
• Trained staff on compliance guidelines by the California Health Code.
• Revised departmental policy and procedures guidelines to meet compliance.
• Revised job descriptions across all levels. ¡§Shadowed¡¨ and interviewed employees to construct an accurate picture of the duties and skills required for each position.
• Systematized the accounts for an increase in business operation in BCR¡¦S, Friday flash reports, inventory, monthly logs, payroll and transmittals¡Xreduced operational hours by 20%.
• Reduced corporate risk pertaining to labor law in California¡Xemployee breaks, meal periods & misclassifications. Assessing Healthcare Services, around 90% of the employees were in violation of the labor code. Administering 100% turn-a-round within the district accounts providing the correct compensation, meal and break times.
Med-Central Health Systems ¡V Mansfield, OH
Patient Service Director 2002-2003
• Orchestrated the development of the Spoken Menu process that increased customer/patient satisfaction score by 40-45%.
• Researched the efficacy of the Palm-pilots for greater customer/patient satisfaction & employee reduction.
• Analyzed cost factors in determining the expansion of the new product line: Spoken Menu System and Electronic Palm-pilots
Samaritan Hospital ¡V Ashland, OH
Patient Service Manager 2000-2002
• Systematized the diet office into a Human Resource office.
• Administered compliance guidelines and organization for patient charts.
Capella University ¡X Los Angeles, CA
Masters of Science (MS) in Industrial Organizational Psychology
Ashland University ¡V Ashland, OH
Bachelors of Science (BS) Environmental & Public Health
„« Department Startup Employment Law Program/Project Management
„« Mediation & Advocacy Staff Recruitment & Retention Performance Management
„« Employee Relations Benefits Administration Risk Management
„« Orientation & On-Boarding Training & Development Strategic Planning
„« Organizational Development Policies & Procedures Union Avoidance Programs
• Secrets of a Millionaire Mind Seminar by T. Harv Eker
• Sales Dog Seminar by Blair Singer
• Unstoppable 30-day Challenge by Cynthia Kersey
• 21 Indisputable Laws of Leadership Coarse Study by John C. Maxwell
• 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class seminar by Steve Fiebold
• Simply Strengths by Marcus Buckingham
• Rick Pitino, speaker
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.