Water Resources Engineer/Project manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Farming/Ranching/Agriculture
|Desired Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
||Date Posted: 3/5/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: March 15/2009
|Desired Wage: 90,000 /yr
||U.S. Work Authorization: No
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
To enrol in water resources engineering
Project Manager (Split Steel Erectors Ltd/ Saskatoon 2008-2009
• Coordinate activities of various sub-trades including mechanical, electrical, sprinkler, earthwork, steel erectors, concrete finishers, masonry workers, drywall builders.
• Update schedule, track manpower and equipment time, prepare weekly, biweekly and monthly reports
• Communicate with the design engineer for the revision of designs and RFIs that come from sub-trades and identified by me to call for improvement.
Project manager/Estimator (Horizon Earthworks ltd. Edmonton 2007-2008
• Estimation of construction cost for bid based on design drawings, specifications, geotechnical reports and pre-bid site visit if required.
• Solicit, send out RFQ to sub-trades, select, prepare and submit bids.
Civil Project Coordinator (Rogers Wireless Communications) Dec. 2006-March 2008
Responsibility includes; hardware installation and maintenance including: microwave and RF antennas, Feed lines access roads, shelters, and fences. for Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Thunder Bay.
- Review and verify design, send out RFQ to potential contractors, award, supervise and approve the payment when completed as per the Rogers standard.
- Prepare progress report and present on weekly telephone meetings.
Account Agent (Mortgage processor) Scotia Bank, Calgary, July 2006-Dec 2006
Account Agent (Mortgage processor) Royal Bank, Toronto
March 2005-July 2006
• Verified documents, payouts, permitted mortgage amount
• Receive mortgage payments or reimburse if charged wrongly
• Post audit the advanced mortgage
Costumer service Convenience Store, Toronto August 2004- Feb 2005
April 2004 –July 2004, Training, Toronto Da Vinci polytechnic college
Freelance Consultant with private consulting firms 1995-2002
• Technical evaluator: To settle dispute between client consultant and contractor.
- Inspected 5km long lined canal, compared construction against design, identified discrepancies, prepared bill of quantity and produced report that was appreciated and accepted by all parties and settled disputes based on my recommendation.
- Designed and produced design report for head regulators, culverts, and divide structures for 4000 ha irrigation scheme,
• Hydrologist and Designer
- Delineated the flood plains from aerial photos and verified by field visits.
- Estimated peak and average flow at the entrance of the flood plain.
- Designed bypass drainage channels with appropriate crossing structures and prepared working drawings.
- Inventoried the existing gauging station and evaluated sufficiency of data.
- Collected all data and checked for quality, in-filled data gaps and proposed installation of additional long term and short-term station.
- Carried out site visits and collected information from sites and stakeholders.
- Produced inception report.
The international project FRIEND (Flow Regimes from International Experimental and Network Data), placed under the auspices of UNESCO, on Sediment transport and watershed management representing Ethiopian in the ten Nile basin countries.
Field Operation Group Leader: Hydrology Department, responsible for providing flow data for end users for the whole country. 2000–August 2002
• Supervised inventory of all gauging stations, evaluated sufficiency of the station and distribution, proposed additional gauging sites.
• In liaison with donor institutions, modernized flow measurement system; initiated replacement of some staff gauges with data loggers and the usual wading with ADDCP1
• Supervised rating curve preparation and flow estimation.
• Supervised over 60 professionals and technicians
Deputy Study Coordinator Lake level rise problem: 1998-1999
A small pond with a size of 3 km2 increased to 40Km2 in less than 20 years, blocked railway and highway, the project was to find the source and solution.
• Participated in project appraisal, identified possible causes for the lake level rise and disciplines to address respective causes.
• planned manpower, financial and logistics requirement to undertake the task
• Coordinated and supervised over 30 multi disciplined professionals, compiled and edited comprehensive report.
• pulled together findings from different disciplines to reach to a conclusion.
• Supervised and reviewed design of remedial solutions.
• Edited sector reports and compiled and produced comprehensive report.
Deputy project Manager (River Basin Development MP) 1997-1998
10Million USD project for preparation of Integrated River Basin Development Master Plan:
In liaison with the consultants’ team leader and project manager:
• Prepared activities schedule and defined critical path and monitored activities accordingly.
• Coordinated all interdisciplinary activities of the project (both in the field and office).
• Supervised over 20 people
• Chaired technical committee meetings
Water Resources Engineer (River Basin Development master plan) 1993-1997
12 Million USD project financed by ADF.
• Collected and processed all hydrology, sediment and meteorological data, in-filled data gaps and prepare input model.
• Estimated recurrent peak discharges for flood prone areas for a number of return periods for watershed management intervention.
• Participated in hydrology model selection, verification, calibration and validation.
• Liaised with other groups to share resources and exchange information and data.
• Designed preliminary irrigation layouts, hydraulic structures and computed bill of quantity, and prepared design and sector reports.
•Post Graduate, Water Resources, Cairo University, Egypt, 2000
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Addis Ababa University. 1986
For Non-Government Charitable Organization (Habitat for Humanity) 1992-2002
(Executive committee member and head of construction sub-committee that brought in Habitat to Ethiopia)
- prepared all engineering requirement for habitat international to establish in Ethiopia
- Designed and computed bill of quantity of houses to be built for low income families, and supervised the construction of the houses.
•AutoCAD, MicroStation and LDD ,Da Vinci Polytechnic Institute Toronto, Canada 07/2004
•Advanced Course on Isotope data Interpretation, Argonne National Laboratory, Illinois, USA 09/2002
•Advanced Training on MIKE 11 Hydrodynamic modeling,
(Rainfall runoff modeling, flood forecasting,)
•Environmental Impact Assessment
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.