art director / designer Resume
|Desired Industry: Advertising
|Desired Job Location: New York, New York
||Date Posted: 2/27/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: March 16, 2009
|Desired Wage: 140,000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
An Art Director position where I can create
storyboards, set visual targets, create prototypes,
prove concepts, and partner with a creative team to
grow branding and quality across marketing,
entertainment, and specialized media channels.
• Out-of-the-box, risk-taking, and well-rounded Art Director with a track record of award-
winning projects in advertising, animation, video games and publishing at such companies as EA
Sports, Cablevision, Billboard Magazine, Walt Disney, and United Media.
• Accomplished at creating proposals and prototypes that “WOW” the customer from a conceptual
and design standpoint.
• Skilled at working closely with Flash designers to create interactive screens, user interfaces,
motion graphics, logos, transitions, broadcast banners, screen flow and functionality.
• Experienced at creating brand identity that strongly distinguishes products and services from
• Conceived, directed and composited Jeb Bush vs. George Bush 2006 Madden promotional video.
• Created commercial storyboards that advertised the first Xbox 360 Madden NFL Football game
for trade, web, and television targets.
• Designed Billboard/Airplay Monitor Radio Awards and Billboard Music Video Awards; recipients
included radio and music industry celebrities like Howard Stern, Scott Shannon, Moby, Bubba the
Love Sponge, Issac Hayes, Elvis Duran, Hootie and the Blowfish, Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey.
• Measurably increased domestic and international sales revenue of Billboard Magazine by
creating distinctive ad campaigns utilizing diverse, fashionable styles of illustration and stock images
targeted to specialized music genres.
• Proactively designed internal style guides for EA Sports football titles to align the art, design,
and programming teams in developing the Madden and NCAA Football franchises.
• Produced freelance ads for music talents like Brian Wilson and Hal David.
• Created promotional material for New York oldies radio station 101.1 CBS FM.
• Integrated innovative cinematic storytelling into NFL Football and NASCAR racing games.
• Served as character animator on 6 award-winning Disney feature films, including Lilo and Stitch,
Brother Bear and Mulan.
• Served as character animator on two Disney theme park attractions (“California Adventure
Theme Park” and “Winnie the Pooh’s Honey Hunt”) and one televised cartoon (Goofy’s, “How to Haunt
ELECTRONIC ARTS TIBURON, ORLANDO, FL 2003 – 2009
Hired as Art Director as part of company’s strategy to elevate the role of Art Director and increase
the relevance of video games as competition to the film industry. As a result, integrated cinematic
storytelling into Sports games, while driving visuals and Art Direction for Madden, NCAA Football,
New IP, NFL Head Coach and NASCAR Chase for the Cup games.
Partnered with animators, modelers, UI artists, game designers and engineers to create “bang-for-
the-buck” features, expand franchise strength, and grow synergy across game title development.
Coordinated Flash UI designs and motion graphics with game cameras and static backgrounds.
Wrote, storyboarded, and directed game intros, demo cameras, and TV commercials; directed cut
scenes and animation.
Games included: NCAA Football 2010; NFL Head Coach 2009; Original Sports; Madden 2009, 2008,
2007, 2006, 2005; NCAA 2008, 2007; Madden 2006, 2007, NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005.
WALT DISNEY FEATURE ANIMATION, ORLANDO, FL 1997 – 2003
Interpreted rough animation footage using model sheets to stylize and finalize on-model, camera-
ready drawings for feature film, television and theme park animation. Created original story,
characters and visuals for two movie pitches and presented to executive staff including President
Tom Schumacher and Chairman Roy Disney.
Film credits: Brother Bear – Koda, Lilo and Stitch – Stitch, The Emperor’s New Groove – Pacha, Tarzan
– Porter, The Little Match Girl, Pocahontas DVD Edition, Lion King Special Edition, Mulan
Television and Theme Park Animation: Disney’s California Adventure Theme Park (2001) – Ursula
Interactive Kiosk, How to Haunt a House (2000) – Goofy, Winnie the Pooh’s Honey Hunt (1999) –
Tigger and Christopher Robbins, Tokyo Disney
BILLBOARD MAGAZINE, NEW YORK, NY 1994 - 1997
PROMOTION ART DIRECTOR
Designed Billboard/Airplay Monitor Radio Awards and Billboard Music Video Awards. Measurably
increased domestic and international sales revenue with distinctive ad campaigns, utilizing diverse
and fashionable styles of illustration targeted to the music trade.
- Reduced marketing expenses by $12,000 a year by negotiating rates with new vendors
- Revitalized the promotion campaign for all house ads, brochures and media kit materials
- Project management extended to supervision of design staff and freelancers
FREELANCE ILLUSTRATOR AND DESIGNER 1990 - 2007
Clients and projects included: MasterCard (designed comp art for World Cup Soccer promotion),
GlobalWorks (designed commercial storyboard for Cablevision television spots), Convergence
(created storyboard and presentation art for Visitor Center in CNN Building in Manhattan), Bozell
Entertainment (designed 3 promotional packages for sales exec), CBS FM 101.1 (recreated logo
design and developed marketing materials)
Prior experience at United Media in New York as Assistant Art Director (1989 – 1990), Photo Editor/
Assistant Art Director (1989) and Composition Specialist (1988)
School of Visual Arts, New York, NY 1997
Making the Concept Move: An Animation Workshop
(Don Duga, instructor)
The Passalacqua School, New York, NY, Winter
Garden, FL 1987 - 1997
Ongoing, in-depth location drawing and design
classes with David Passalacqua Sr., instructor
Parsons School of Design, New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Illustration
Art Direction • Project Management • Motion
Graphics • Interactive UI design • Storyboards •
Visual Development • Cinematics • Pre-
Visualization • Animation • Machinima •
Illustration • Graphic Design
After Effects • Photoshop • MAYA • In Design •
Microsoft Office • Z-Brush • Flash • Illustrator
• Final Cut Pro • Avid • Alien Brain
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.