|Desired Industry: Business/Management
|Desired Job Location: Cameron Park, California
||Date Posted: 2/4/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
|Desired Wage: 70000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
Sport Clips, Folsom, CA
Direct and manage overall analysis, management, strategic business direction, planning, daily operations, employee management, and resolution of operational issues. Oversee the entire aspects of marketing and advertising, as well develop plans to overcome volatility in the market.
- Drove the business to be the top store with the highest weekly revenue. Worked in partnership with the manager while providing management insights and direction. Discussed issues of inefficiencies and developed action plans while fostering an environment of teamwork.
- Designed, developed, and implemented marketing plans based on conducted analysis and assessment of the company’ s current business status, market trends, and industry standards. Monitored the effectiveness and reliability of marketing and advertising materials, while promoting the business in various community events.
Thunder Valley Casino, Lincoln, CA
MARKETING DATABASE ANALYST 2007-2008
Assumed a broad range of responsibilities that involved development of marketing segments, strategies, and offers. Formulated several implementation methods for high volume data file creation and processing using SSIS.
- Introduced several file-processing procedures that reduced the processing time and cut the number of errors. Doubled the number of files due to efficient processing procedures and focus in performing the job. Created an error-tracking program that reduced the error rate from 2 percent to 1 percent.
- Developed a comprehensive file-processing program that increased the efficiency and eventually enhanced marketing strategies.
- Made major contributions in marketing functions by sustaining essential information based on analyzed data from the database. Proposed the idea of cross marketing the card players to play the slot machines, which resulted in additional profit of $60,000 per week for the casino.
- Recommended marketing strategies resulting in reduced size, complexity, and printing costs of the calendar by $30,000 per month.
Pension Specialist Inc., Folsom, CA
BUSINESS LIAISON , V.P. OF OPERATIONS , PENSION ADMINISTRATOR 1990-2008
Researched for the most comprehensive and cost-effective software products, while overseeing the purchasing and implementation of each technology initiatives.
- Motivated and directed both internal and independent sales people while ensuring growth in sales performance, pricing competitiveness, and consistency of providing excellent customer service. Oversaw a staff of six record keepers and a team of IT personnel consisting of six programmers and two network specialists.
- Matrix-managed the development of systems and procedures to efficiently manage the administration of 700 retirement plans. Actively involved in developing client management software, quality control documents, payroll, and investment source system interfaces and standards, qualification of legal plan documents with IRS, and systems to create and distribute the IRS approved plans.
- Spearheaded the initial design and project management of transaction-based 401(k) website with multiple user interfaces. Designed the website framework and security methodology using an Oracle database with .Net front end. Coordinated database changes and website updates with .Net programmers and users.
- Implemented a more systematic recordkeeping system and built a highly competitive staff that resulted to more than $1,000,000 in sales and enabled management of $180,000,000 in retirement plan assets for more than 12,000 plan participants.
- Streamlined the process of merging and managing the correspondence to 700 clients/retirement plans, over 100,000 participants and investment sources by developing an integrated client, retirement plan, investment source, and distribution processing system. Tested, deployed, and supported the systems for 50 users.
- Transitioned the Distribution Department from loss to a profit center that generated in excess of $200,000 in annual revenue based on 3,000 distributions per year through strategic development of case management distribution system. This enabled the processing of more than 30,000 distributions in eight years and significantly improved customer and participant satisfaction as internal distribution processing was streamlined from three days to one day.
- Spearheaded and ensured efficiency of software developers in creating online transaction processing (OLTP) web portal for retirement plans. Facilitated meetings with users and stakeholders to effectively develop business cases, programming requirements, scope management, quality assurance test cases, training, and support. Continuously enhanced functionality through multiple releases each year.
- Defined marketing plan pro forma and results analysis through in-depth analysis of SQL server database. Recognized marketing opportunities that led to increased revenue.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (Concentration in Marketing)
California State University, Sacramento, CA (1992)
Completed classes in Database Design - Microsoft Access Class - Project Management class through Project Management Institute - Current Life & Disability Insurance License - Previous Securities Series 7, Enrolled Agent, and Qualified Pension Administrator
Awards and Honorable Participation
Eagle Scout, Scout Master Merit Badge Award - Board Member on the Fiserv Advisory Board - Founding member and officer of the Quantech User group - Panel Speaker for Tahoe Confernce of ASPA
- Panel speaker for Trustlynx conference in Denver
- Project Management Institute
- Boy Scouts of America Scout Master
- Soccer coach
Technically sophisticated and seasoned professional equipped with strong business acumen and with more than 20 years of multifaceted experience complemented with expertise in building and establishing analytical and business strategies aligned with mission, strategy, and tactical corporate planning. Adept at financial performance analysis, business planning, and development functions coupled with strengths in developing strategies to enable attainment of business goals and resolve organizational inefficiencies. Accomplished in building and expanding client base and revenue streams; maintaining accurate records of partnership and cultivating relationships to achieve corporate interests. Ability in projecting future market risks through keen industry trends analysis and assessment of market volatility.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Analysis, Planning & Development - Marketing & Advertising
- Product Development - Team Management & Motivation
- Start-up Ventures - Market & Industry Analysis
- Turnaround Management - Problem Resolution & Decision Making
- Identification & Implementation of IT Solutions - Continuous Process Improvement
- Progressive 17 years in designing, programming and implementing technology solutions including project initiation and project management.
- 10 years experience in Oracle and Visual Basic programming, including database design, data analysis, stored procedures, views, snapshot creation, application design and programming; 2 years .Net, SQL server.
- Developed procedures and documentation of upgrading, testing, and recovery procedures for multiple databases in production and testing environments.
- Programmed integrated Oracle Database, Word, and VB.net systems.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.