Product Manager - Consultant Resume
|Desired Industry: Business/Management
|Desired Job Location: Denver, Colorado
||Date Posted: 1/29/2009
|Type of Position: Contractor
||Availability Date: Immediate
|Desired Wage: Negotiable
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Software Product Manager/Project Manager with 15+ years corporate experience. Strong information technology (IT) and technical knowledge combined with a sound financial, contracts administration, and regulatory compliance background.
* Excellent Customer service and support skills
* Extensive Releases, fixes and service bulletins manager
* Accomplished software upgrade and release scheduling and documentation
* Quality Assurance and Development Test areas for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
* Proven training and curriculum development track record
* Strong written and verbal communications
* Software: MS Windows, Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Project, Excalibur, UNIX, IBM mainframe, Unidata
Training - Legal Aspects of Purchasing; Dimensions in Natural Gas; Project Management
SOFTWARE RELEASE CONSULTANT, P2 Energy Solutions, Denver, CO (1999 to 2008)
Use proprietary software and IBM/Unidata environment to coordinate and schedule over 120 full service oil and gas clients for custom software upgrades. Port and install service bulletins on NT and UNIX based platforms. Quality administration for software upgrades from character based software to ‘windows’ based environment. QA all incoming new service client systems.
* Monitor /schedule/install over 120 clients for annual 1099 tax software upgrades.
* Track/install related software service bulletins/fixes for 120 full service clients.
* Create and revise documentation for 50+ gas programs for client use.
* Reduced testing backlog by over 70%.
* QA new full service contract clients systems which included menu security and data upgrades.
* QA new client software areas to meet Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) SEC requirements.
* Test gas module programs within Excalibur/EDGE windows environment for new product development for functionality, consistency and quality.
* Completed “Gas to Revenue” training materials for gas clients which consisted of step by step procedures for new and existing clients.
* Create documented procedures from specifications developed for clients and based on internal procedural schedules.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT, KN Interstate Pipeline, Lakewood, CO (1998 to 1999)
Performed KN Interstate accounting including monthly journal entries, monthly income analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and related database creation and manipulation for related accounting projects. Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Smartstream.
* Team member responsible for monitoring multi-million dollar source and disposition project.
* Created and maintained Access database for KN Interstate’s FERC Rate Case which included all gas transportation contract revenue.
* Assisted legal and transportation departments with FERC and internal audits.
GAS RATES ANALYST, KN Interstate Energy, Lakewood, CO (1997 to 1998)
As team member, initiated and filed KN Interstate Gas Transmission Co.(KNI) multi-million dollar rate case. Coordinated the FERC response for KNI’s $23M tax refund.
* Created filing schedules for FERC requirements in hard copy and electronically.
* Monitored and organized discovery database which involved approximately 3,000 data requests.
* Developed revenue for KNI’s rate case consisting of extracting data from FT, IT, No Notice and Storage contracts.
Gas CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR, KN Interstate Energy, Lakewood, CO (1997 to 1997)
Reviewed, analyzed and established provisions of the following gas contracts: Casinghead, Gas Sales, balancing agreements, transportation service agreements, purchase agreements, and Enron Gas Processing Agreements.
Gas RATES ANALYST, Public Service Colorado, Denver, CO (1990 to 1996)
Developed comprehensive gas cost adjustment filings which affected over 900,000 gas customers and processed for the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and the Wyoming Public Service Commission. Initiated various exhibits and testimony for rate case filings. Prepared various cost allocation studies based on comprehensive engineering and economic principles. Compiled monthly cost of gas deferred balances for accounting. Performed analytical studies for gas supply, marketing and accounting/finance. Researched and gathered statistical information from utilities nationwide for impact studies.
* Created and monitored gas transportation agreements/gas initiatives database for over 900 customers in the Rocky Mountain Region.
* Coordinated $44M gas cost adjustment filing for Public Service Company under rigid time constraints and met regulatory approval.
* Generated statistical survey from various utilities for the feasibility of converting Public Service 900K gas customer base from volumetric billing to thermal billing. Conversion approved at a cost of $2M.
* Commendations - 2 Vice-Presidential letters of recognition for fulfilling construction budgets and deadlines of key substation projects during summer electrical requirements.
Bachelor of Science, Business, University of Colorado, Denver (Marketing)
American Gas Association Rate Fundamentals, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Legal Aspects of Purchasing; Dimensions in Natural Gas; Project Management, Denver Univ, Denver, CO.
U.S. Air Force – Honorable Discharge
IT, Information, Technology, Software, Project, Product, Manager, Customer, Service, Quality, Assurance, Sarbanes Oxley, SOX, Compliance,
Written, Verbal, Communication, SEC, QA, Q/A, Finance, Financial, Software, Microsoft, MS, Windows, Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
Access, Project, Excalibur, UNIX, IBM mainframe, Unidata
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.