|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: Tampa, Florida
||Date Posted: 1/26/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 2-25-2009
|Desired Wage: 175,000.00
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, More Than 75%
|Highest Degree Attained: High School/Equivalent
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
I have over 25 years experience in the Construction Industry. I owned and managed my own Marine Construction Compnay for over 15 years and recently started a Highway Maintenance Company. My experience ranges from cost estimating, cost control, project management to customer sales. I have a proven record of success analyzing all aspects of a project or area of responsibility, investigating and determining if monies are being spent appropriately, improving the estimating process for actuals, reducing expenses, and improving the efficiency of operations. Additional responsibility gained in marketing, public relations, and employment management.
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
MANAGER / OWNER - 2007 to Present
SALO HIGHWAY MAINTANCE, FT MYERS , FLORIDA
Developed effective internal controls and always operated within budget. Demonstrated ability to apply sound knowledge to diverse applications. Helped prioritize work schedules and delegated assignments. Consistently maintained high profit margins on all projects. Perform all estimating and sales . Working with the Florida Dept. of Transportation directly at times
* Bridge repairs (compression seams , concrete deck spalls , concrete barrier walls , minor structural concrete repairs , concrete slopes ,rip-rap )
* Roadway repairs (high low shoulder , box culvert , headwalls , tree removal , seeding and sodding , land clearing , debri removal , concrete sidewalks , multi and singel post signs 50 to 300 sf , asphalt and concrete repairs )
MANAGER / OWNER - 1994 to Present
SALO AND SALO, FT MYERS , FLORIDA
Easily established rapport with people of all ages, cultures, and beliefs. Developed effective internal controls and always operated within budget. Helped prioritize work schedules and delegated assignments. Designed custom spreadsheet programs for internal use. Dealt tactfully and effectively with difficult customers. Consistently maintained high profit margins on all projects. Established quality standards. Established goals and objectives, developed policies and procedures, recruited and trained staff, and initiated and enhanced systems. Evaluated personnel, conducted training programs and established wage incentives. Achieved strongest volume growth in the history of the company. Analyzed competitor products. Found mutually beneficial solutions to problems. Extensive responsibilities in operations management. All sales and estimating . Permitting state and local agencies.
* Wood dock and pier construction , pile driving , carpentry , rip-rap , concrete seawalls , dredging , concrete repairs above and below water , boatlifts , under water salvage and debri removal
MANAGER - 1988 to 1994
DOCKS AND LIFTS, FT MYERS , FLORIDA
Trained new employees. Prepared weekly project status reports for management. Supported marketing department to increase market share. Work effectively with customers-able to identify needs, tactfully answer questions, sell products and services, and solve problems. Work effectively on a team, synthesizing facts and ideas, coordinating events and operations, and solving problems. Team player with ability to oversee all levels of production. All sales and estimating . Permitting local agencies.
* Wood docks and boatlifts , pile driving ,small barge operation , concrete seawalls , rip-rap , above and below water repairs wood or concrete.
CREW LEADER - 1985 to 1988
ACOUSTI, GAINESVILLE , FLORIDA
Completed projects on schedule. Skilled in problem solving and troubleshooting. Skilled in all aspects of construction and inspection. Worked with subcontractors, architects, engineers, and owners. Project layout for ceilings and flooring .
* Laser level setup , installer acoustical ceilings and computer flooring ,
H.S. - 1978
FT MYERS HIGH SCHOOL, FT MYERS , FLORIDA
Graduated and received diploma in general studies. Florida State Wrestling Champion. Awarded Wrestling Scholarship to the University of Florida.
Diving scuba and mixed gasses , Welding alum-steel , Boat large and small operator , Hydrolic Crane operator , Loader and various other heavy equipment operator
Microsoft works , Microsoft office , Drafting cad , Quicken , Quickbooks.
* Quartermaster, pay grade E-5; Seal Team Two, United State Navy, Little Creek, Virginia 1978 to 1982. Navy Seal , Winter - Jungle warfare training , Diver mixed gases and scuba , Skydiving free fall , Submarine lock in-out , small arms , explosives , cpr , artilery spotter . quartermaster , small boats operator
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.