Director of Construction /Project Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Building Trades/Construction
|Desired Job Location: Bennett, Colorado
||Date Posted: 1/23/2009
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 02-01-2009
|Desired Wage: 100000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: None
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Western Construction Solutions Inc., Bennett, CO 2004 – Present
Director of Construction
Focus on detailed analysis of construction projects, financial expenditures and loss mitigation. Highly skilled in identifying strategic problems, developing unique solutions and organizing technical resources, as well as launching effective programs and initiatives. Formulate and retain core values to achieve the highest level of integrity and quality standards.
Ø Successfully maintained a profitable bottom-line record through disciplined cost controls, effective job cost analysis and Just In Time inventory strategies.
Ø Instituted and promoted a competitive corporate image, which projected a standard of uncompromised excellence, demonstrated by all contractors and personnel.
Ø Acquired and integrated cutting-edge technologies and energy-efficient products from the construction industry.
Ø Specially hired to complete bank owned foreclosed 8500 square foot “World Class Home” in Vail Valley Colorado.
Construction Solutions Inc., Bennett, CO 2001 – 2004
General Manager / Partner Construction Consultant
Regularly hired and deployed to provide a wide array of value-added consulting services to building contractors and product manufacturers in the residential and commercial industry niches. Closely analyzed market trends, financial performance, quality control and inventory balances. Mentored key personnel to fully understand and meet profitable objectives.
HAROLD C. ROMER Page Two
Ø Greatly expanded productivity through the introduction of accountability and participatory strategies among the Top Ten builders in Southern California. Mentored staff to make significant work ethic / attitude improvements.
Ø Identified and acquired long-term business alliances with various National Homebuilders to handle presentations on productive construction methodologies.
Ø Personally designed, engineered and installed a fiber optic-based wall panel and truss manufacturing facility with a production capacity of $50 million annually.
High Country Contractors, Arvada, CO 1984 – 2001
Construction Operations Manager
Hired to oversee the planning and execution of complex construction assignments involving top quality buildings with teams of field personnel with high integrity and positive working attitudes.
Ø Recognized by clients for effectively handling all aspects of the construction and remodeling of new and existing commercial structures in order to meet company requirements and customer specifications.
Ø Expedited key production processes by implementing pre-manufactured panelized products.
Project management and field superintendent
▪ Held positions with Colorado-based builders and material providers; gained hands-on knowledge of a wide range of product lines and building trades.
▪ Successfully planned and constructed hundreds of residential single-family and multi-family units, as well as such commercial structures as restaurants, medical facilities and a college student center.
▪ Recognized for solid team leadership, organization, thoroughness, attention to detail and compliance with project requirements.
▪ Regularly increased profit margins, reduced costs, ensured safety compliance and maintained a record of on-time deliveries in time-sensitive situations.
▪ Deployed skills in needs analysis, resource allocation, blueprint reading, executive reporting and preparation of accurate project documentation.
Extensive coursework in Business Administration, Engineering and General Education topics through the University of Connecticut and the University of Nevada.
- Seminars and workshops in project management, team leadership, customer service, industry regulations, safety compliance, estimating and hardware schedules.
- Military training in personnel management, leadership, electronics and avionics.
- Fully familiar with Windows, MS Office Suite, MS Project and industry applications.
High-caliber and high-energy leadership experience in construction management operations, production scheduling and organizational development with various US companies. Widely recognized for hands-on expertise in project co-ordination, cost savings and personnel management.
Ø Creative development and implementation of successful, high-impact facility construction; completion of major projects and compliance with government regulations and industry requirements.
Ø Formation and motivation of cross-functional teams to achieve peak performance, ensure total client satisfaction, maintain peak quality service and meet aggressive organizational objectives.
Ø Expertise in the negotiation and execution of complex design build contracts with top management, industry vendors, and key decision-makers; fully familiar with Profit and Loss Statement, budgeting and cost reductions.
Ø Effective hiring, management, deployment, and development of top-notch talent at professional, supervisory, staff and field levels in deadline-driven environments.
Ø Multi-tasking talents in team building, organization, needs analysis, program implementation and accurate documentation in time-sensitive situations.
Ø Hands on knowledge of all trades, including excavation, infrastructure, structural concrete, structural steel, framing, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and many others.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
● Relationship Building ● Cost Controls ● Regulatory Compliance ● Project Expediting ● Site Inspections
● Project Accountability ● Process Improvements
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.