|Desired Industry: Human Resources
|Desired Job Location: Irving, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/4/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 8/18/08
|Desired Wage: 50000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
A highly analytical and facts-oriented human resources professional with comprehensive experience in staffing, recruiting, compensation, succession planning, diversity, retention, and interviewing. Gathers and assesses data to determine industry trends, maintain competitive awareness, and ensure top-level performance. Contains cost by developing and maintaining reports and documents to provide current personnel information, hiring statistics and staffing metrics. Provides a clear career path for employees to develop natural talent and significantly bolster abilities.
A driven, results-focused problem solver with initiative, resourcefulness, and dedication to the goals and business objectives of the company. Possesses a proven record of adaptability to the changing face of an organization. Self-motivated and independent, while interacting well with multiple disciplines. A perceptive leader who looks at the current needs and develops a strategic vision that will meet the future organizational requirements.
City of Garland, Garland Texas 2007-present
Interact with public and private sector of business community, and maintaining working knowledge of available workforce. Acted in development of strategies in the staffing and recruitment of temporary staffing and recruitment of permanent employees. A project Coordinator for the assessment, selection and implementation of a new applicant tracking system.
Highpoint Southwest Services Addison, Texas 2006-2007
Contract Merchandising Manager
Managed multiple remerchandising projects for a third party vendor for Home Depot in a nine state region. Interact with representatives of other competitive vendor, product vendors and Merchandising Managers for Home Depot.
First Convenience Bank Carrollton, Texas
Recruiting Officer 2005- 2006
Selected hourly employees for the banking branches. Interacted in public and private sector of business community, and maintained working knowledge of available workforce. Achieved results on time to fill hourly employee needs. Interviewed and made job offers to applicants. Established local contacts to increase applicant flow of hourly applicants.
7-ELEVEN, INC., Dallas, Texas
Human Resource Generalist-Staffing 2003-2005
Coordinated staffing activities for central division. Acted in development of strategies, staffing, recruiting, processing, selection, evaluation, compensation and succession planning. Assessed situations and made recommendations to division human resources manager for changes. Consulted with and provided guidance to market manager and field consultants on a variety of issues such as staffing, diversity, selection and compensation.
Worked with division human resources manager to analyze staffing trends in Texas, Colorado, and Utah. Established strong working relation with key vendor organizations. Tested and implemented new tools in the selection process of hourly and management candidates. Provided each market with succession plan for management employees.
• Collected and analyzed internal and external data, including data on infrastructure of store operations, compensation, selection process, economic trends, labor trends and retention numbers.
• Played a key role in development of selection criteria for store manager for model market business strategies and fresh food model market in Austin. Received central division award 2003 worldclass performance award for work with model markets.
• Cross-trained recruiters in selection process of store manager trainees.
• Member of task force that developed new and distinct look to employment advertising, including applications, signage in retail operations, web site, job descriptions and national publications.
• Developed recruitment CD for use in outside job fair and college presentations.
• Acted in development and implementation of personnel activities to support business objectives.
• Served in retailer initiative, model market business strategies and Austin fresh food model market.
Staffing Analyst 2001-2003
Developed forecasting tool. Followed established recruiting, screening, selection, and staffing processes to support the staffing of store managers/field consultant trainees. Managed external process of People Scout that support screening of hourly employees. Sourced and screened applicants to serve in field based management positions. Interviewed and made job offers to applicants. Interviewed 800 candidates and hired 84 store manager trainees. Coordinated staffing function of store staff and store management trainees. Collected data on cost per hire, turnover trends, compensation and effectiveness of outside vendors support.
• Researched new recruitment technologies and trends, then made recommendations.
• Achieved results on time to fill and fit to role in model market management needs.
• Established local contacts to increase applicant flow of store management trainee.
• Created forecasting tool to use with market managers to better define future needs of store manager trainees.
• Established formal recruiting expense budget for management and hourly recruitment.
• Managed partnership with Dallas Urban League, a two-year partnership unique to the community.
Selected hourly employees for market 1611. Managed three hourly interviewers, interacted in public and private sector of business community, and maintained working knowledge of available workforce. Achieved results on time to fill hourly employee needs. Interviewed and made job offers to applicants. Collected data on cost per hire, turnover trends, compensation and the effectiveness of outside vendors support. Established local contacts to increase applicant flow of hourly applicants.
Store Manager Trainee, Store Manager, Night Supervisor, Field Consultant and Restore Leader, 1986-1995. SWANEE DONUT, Dallas, Texas, General Manager, 1981-1986. U. S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, Dallas, Texas, Data Entry Clerk, 1980-1981. ECKERD DRUGS, Dallas, Texas, Store Manager, 1978-1980.
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY, Waco, Texas
B.B.A., Management and Marketing, 19
Certified Mediator for the State of Texas
National Association of Professional Women
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.