Research Associate Resume
|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: Oakland, California
||Date Posted: 7/1/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 07/01/08
|Desired Wage: 38,000 per year
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Fire Pixie Entertainment, Fremont, CA
Entertainment Services Department
Part Time: 10/03 to Present
Alum Rock School District, San Jose, CA
Gifted and Talented Education
G.A.T.E. Program Instructor
Part Time: 8/06 to 5/07
Los Gatos Coffee Roasting, Los Gatos, CA
Customer Service Department
Customer Service Representative
Part/Full Time: 07/97 to 12/04
Agilent Technologies, Santa Clara, CA
Marketing Policies & Contracts Solutions
Administrative Assistant/Business Process Analyst
Full Time: 05/00 to 1/02
Hewlett Packard, Santa Clara, CA
Government Solutions Organization
Contract: 1/00 to 05/00
Comerica Bank California, San Jose, CA
Operations and Administration Dpt.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Contract: 11/99 to 01/00
Robinson Robert Ng & Associates, San Jose, CA
Immigration Law Corporation
Executive Legal Assistant
Full Time: 03/98 to 11/99
San Jose State University (SJSU) College of Science
Biology Student Full Time: 1/04 to 5/08
*Bachelors of Science earned in Biology concentration Systems Physiology with a minor in Chemistry.
*Molecular Biology undergraduate research conducted to identify novel genes. Project techniques included isolation, recombination, cloning, and expression of related genes.
*Laboratory Safety certified in Biological, Chemical, and Radiation sample handling and usage.
*Certified SJSU Animal Handler for educational purposes.
*Staff reporter for the SJSU newspaper, "The Spartan Daily", and the College of Science newsletter, "The Scientist". Both were detail-oriented positions that emphasized APA formatting.
* SJSU Student Affiliates of the American Chemistry Society (ACS) member (04 to 08), Vice President (05 to 06), and President (06 to 07). Presidency term received an Outstanding Chapter Achievement Award from ACS and honorably mentioned in annual SJSU College of Science Newsletter.
* Presented Students for the Advancement of Science poster at the 232nd National ACS Conference (06).
* Member of the Biological Students Association (04 to 08).
* Granted scholarships from both the Student Affiliates of the ACS (06) and the Association for Women in Science (04).
* Served as a committee member for The College of Science Student Advisory Board (07 to 08).
* Pacific Art Collective Collaborator (03 to present). Assisted in promotion and performance to produce large-scale collaborative art events through the San Francisco Bay Area.
* Fire Drums LLC Organizer and Fire Safety Manager (05 to present). Managed shift volunteers, collected/distributed relevant safety material, and directly supervised stage safety concerns.
*DNA extracted, and purified via restriction enzyme digest, linearization, gel eletrophoresis extraction, fluorescent imaging, and mini-prep recombinant plasmid DNA purification.
*Stable recombinant clones developed via restriction enzyme digest of plasmid/insert, phosphatase end capping, and heat shock transformation.
*Practiced general microbial techniques such as basic cell culture, antiseptic media preparation, color selection plating, and culture maintenance.
*Analyzed gel results for viable samples; Constructed primers, and PCR amplified/sequenced applicable inserts.
*Performed lab assistant duties keeping benches well-stocked with sterilized solutions, auto-claved media, balanced buffers, prepared reagents, appropriate kits, and protocol documentation.
*Collected, maintained, and harvested live Leech and Snail stock. Kept specimens healthy by recurrent tank cleaning, pH-balancing, solute additives, bi-weekly feeding, and embryo harvesting.
*Familiarity with NMR Spectroscopy, Gas chromatography, Thin layer Chromatography, and basic Scientific Glass Blowing.
Sequence retrieval and analysis Molecular modeling
Phylogenetic Tree building
Multiple Sequence Alignments
HGMD Ensembl NCBI SRS wwPDB SwissP MMDB Lion
ExPASy EMBL BLAST BioX PHYLIP SCOP SDSC Rasmol
Expert in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
(Microsoft represented, but equally proficient in Mac environment)
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.