Senior Associate Information/Data/Clinical Resume
|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: Toronto, Ontario
||Date Posted: 5/10/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: now
|Desired Wage: 60000.00
||U.S. Work Authorization: No
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 50-75%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Undecided
I am currently searching for a position that is challenging and rewarding and will allow me to utilize my background in Biopharmaceutical research and development while challenging my skills in other areas. I believe not only will I enjoy the challenges of a new role but I feel my experience and character will allow me to make valuable contributions to any team.I have a background in oncology, genetics, blood substitutes and some experience in toxicology and would like to move into either the clinical or regulatory areas and continue to improve my skills and assume a management position
Scientific Information, Intellectual Property, and Research Associate with more than 15 years experience in biotechnology industry environments and 2 years experience in intellectual property. A team player who is efficient, organized and innovative in a multidisciplinary environment. An active participant in planning and supervising studies that accelerate product development. Creative and adaptive to changes in strategies and priorities. Skilled in the gathering and summation of information to support the development of new technologies in both research and development and the protection of intellectual property.
Viventia Biotech Inc., Mississauga, ON,
Senior Associate Scientific Information and Intellectual Property 2006 to 2008
Acting as a liaison between the inventors in Viventia’s research and production facilities and legal counsel, responsibilities are to evaluate and summarize scientific innovations for patent potential and senior management review including gathering and summarizing data on the invention, assessing relevant prior art, performing due diligence and freedom to operate assessments for technology use and licensing. Responsibilities included preparing product strategies, reviewing supporting data and working with the inventors to establish development and experimental strategies to further support and define the inventions in addition to co-ordinating with legal counsel in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications and ensuring deadlines were met. Additional responsibilities included management of the trademarks portfolio, preparing a yearly budget, and assisting clinical and regulatory departments with document preparation and strategic planning as needed. To assist senior management extensive reviews or to the point summaries of any requested information on both Viventia’s and competitors technologies were prepared.
Hemosol Inc, Mississauga, ON, Research Associate 1996-2005
Research associate responsibilities were to evaluate efficacy and potential toxicity of new product candidates and compile and present the data in reports and presentations. This required the development of new assay methods involving extensive reviews of literature to ensure a full understanding of study areas and then establishing a standardized protocol. Techniques used were cell culture, flow cytometry, microscopy (both light and digital), gel electrophoresis, western blotting, and ELISA to name a few. Additional responsibilities were train team members in new technologies and to assist in the preparation of regulatory submissions for Health Canada and the FDA and in the preparation of patents. Voluntary duties included Biohazardous Waste Monitor, First Aid Responder and Certified Member of the JHSC.
McMaster University Research Assistant 1994-1996
Responsibilities were to evaluate mood stabilizing drugs effect on G proteins in neural tissues using a tissue culture based system and to supervise several graduate and summer students. Additionally to ensure the smooth running of the laboratory by managing ordering and maintaining accounts. Co-authored of 5 papers published in major technical journals
Certifications and Courses
• St. John’s Ambulance CPR and Basic First Aid March 2007
• Patent Protection in Biotechnology Workshop, October 16, 2006
• IAPA Level One and Two Certification for the Manufacturing sector, July 2005
• Seneca College PowerPoint Level I October 27, 1999
• Seneca College PowerPoint Level II November 4, 1999
• Monserco Radiation Safety Training, August 16, 1996
• Rodent Handling Techniques Workshop, Oct 7, 1994
Masters of Science (Biology), McMaster University, 1994 (Cancer Research Group)
Bachelors of Science, Honours Biology, McMaster University, 1992
Data analysis, Database management, Literature research, Organization, Report writing, Product assessment, Strategic planning, Intellectual Property Laboratory Research, Budget and Account Management, MS Office, Visio, Inteum, Prism, Grafit, Western Blotting, Tissue Culture, ELISA, Flow Cytometry, Tissue Handling, Immunohistochemistry, Proteomics
Additional Skills and Accomplishments
• “Knight on the Town” Award August 2000 for assistance above and beyond in the preparation of posters and graphics for Medical Affairs departments external meetings
• Achievement Award April 2004 for developing an improved bioassays that reduces assay time from 5 days to 30 minutes
• Created graphics and figures for Canadian Journal of Anesthesia submissions for two of Hemosol Medical Investigators. Supplement April 2001 Vol. 48 No. 4 pages S24 to S40.
• Participated in the drafting and filing of several new patent applications over 2 years
• Assisted in the prosecution of more than 100 patents covering over 20 countries
• Prepared complete summation of Viventia’s and competing product for lead product candidate
• Prepared clinical data for publication from phase 1, phase 2 trials and preclinical testing
• Trained on Inteum database
• Initiated inventors incentive and intellectual property awareness programs
• Established database and overview protocols for intellectual property department
• Published author on 14 scientific posters and papers
• Led studies supporting the development of new products
• Supervised graduate and summer students
• Established an in house database for ease of tracking and access to scientific information
• Developed company wide procedures for the creation and maintenance of an electronic library database.
• Acted as an technical advisor for external collaborators on several projects
• Trained members of laboratory team on newly developed analytical processes
• Experienced with Microsoft office and data analysis programs Prism, Graphpad, Sigma Plot and Excel.
• Established protocols for disposal of hazardous waste in compliance with regulations
• Supported a safe and healthy work place through involvement as a First Aid Responder and a Certified Employee Representative Member of the JHSC
• Conducted training sessions on standard safety procedures for new employees
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.