Research Associate Resume
|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: Cleveland, Ohio
||Date Posted: 5/9/2008
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: ASAP
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
A place of employment that will allow me to use the skills and abilities acquired while pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology.
Environmental Monitoring Technician, Ben Venue Laboratories, Bedford, OH (October 2007-Present)
Phlebotomist, VA Medical Center, Dayton, OH (June 2006 - August 2006)
Grantee, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Cincinnati, OH (June 2005 - July 2005)
Grantee, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Cincinnati, OH (May 2004 - August 2004)
Bachelor of Science, Biology Graduated: May 2007
Wilberforce University, Wilberforce, OH
• Major: Biology G.P.A.: 3.32
Related Course Work: general biology, anatomy, microbiology, environmental biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, genetics, physiology, biochemistry, and calculus
UNCF Pre-Alumni Council
Black Women United
Sigma Omega Honor Society
• Worked in a Phlebotomy laboratory
o Drawing and accessioning specimens
• Conducted experiments and analyzed and discussed the results of the experimented data.
• Worked in a professional laboratory assisting biologist in microbial purification of water.
• Worked in a professional laboratory conducting numerous experiments.
o Detection of Cyclospora using DNA extraction and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
o Water filtration techniques
o Microbiological examination of water
• Presented weekly financial reports to executive board and general body members of Black Women United.
• Worked as a team of 3-4 individuals to complete projects in the laboratory.
• Worked as a team in organization to accomplish goals.
• As a resident assistant I helped maintain a floor of 32 residents by supervising the floor and hosting floor activities.
• Served as treasurer in social organization at Wilberforce University
• Collected bioburden, LAL, and particulate samples for daily water distillation unit testing
• Collected viable samples using various media and MAS 100 air machine
• Collected non-viable samples using Non-Viable Particulate Counter machine
• Can sterilely and aseptically glove and gown for clean rooms in pharmaceutical company
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.