VP/Director/Channel/Alliance Management Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Lake in the Hills, Illinois
||Date Posted: 9/5/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 09/11/2007
|Desired Wage: $150K+
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: No
VP / Director / Channels & Alliances / Business Development Executive
Enterprise Search Tech • eBusiness SW • Enterprise Applications • Web Security
Engineering/Manufacturing Verticals • Document Mgmt/Workflow • CAD/CAM/PLM • Computer HW
* High technology startup veteran with comprehensive experience in business and client development including creating, launching and supporting high-impact sales strategies, innovative cutting-edge product lines, and creative marketing solutions.
* Exceptional at relationship building with customers and business partners.
* Proven ability to penetrate and expand markets through consultative selling strengths, strategic planning, and executive level customer interaction.
* Familiar with the strategic, horizontal sales effort required to sell complex, “Enterprise” type solutions, while focusing on tactical efforts to close business.
* Skilled at translating customer needs and field marketing requirements to corporate business strategies and product plans.
* Outstanding technical background and vision that builds credibility, and a proven aptitude in recognizing companies and emerging technologies for partnered relationships.
* Accomplished at identifying profitable market trends and product categories.
* Skilled contracts negotiator.
* Channel & alliances program build-out experience.
* Effective goal-driven team leader and motivator.
Dieselpoint Inc., Chicago, IL August 2005 to Present
Vice President, Business Development
Hired to expand company presence, open new markets and develop strategic partners and alliances. Responsible for all sales, including international and channels, for this enterprise search software firm. Immediate challenge was lack of marketing, historically poor lead follow-up, and poor pricing strategy. Job requires high level of technical sophistication to be able to communicate product value proposition to prospects that range from programmers to CXO’s. Partner relationships include firms like Accenture, Lockheed, Razorfish, and The Acquity Group.
* Cleaned-up opportunity pipeline and rebuilt & formalized sales and lead-gen processes.
* Implemented channels program.
* Developed and executed new sales and marketing plan.
* Strong focus on developing OEM sales pipeline that produced over $250K in first year.
* Authored various sales tools such as value proposition, sales guide, & ROI model.
* Working closely with R&D to establish strategic product plan.
* Currently focused on building-up UK and Russian (via channels) markets.
Applianz Technologies, Chicago, IL February 2004 to July 2004
Director, Business Development
Six month contract position to develop VAR program and network for the Applianz thin-client virtual application server. Authored multiple documents including product data sheet and value proposition, and signed several new resellers. This was a boot-strapped startup firm with very little marketing budget.
Bodacion Technologies, Barrington, IL September 2002 to December 2003
Director, Business Development
Responsible for driving business in the commercial and government sector for angel-funded Bodacion’s secure Web services appliance. Assumed various operational responsibilities including strategic business plan refinement, sales process development, marketing programs, team building, PR campaigns, product management process, and partner contract development and negotiation. Managed 2 direct reports. The company has shutdown.
* With minimal budget, developed email blast campaign and webinar program series resulting in an opt-in database of over 60K prospects, expanded market presence, and significant new business opportunities.
* Developed and implemented Partner program that generated over $3M first year.
* Implemented leasing and lead referral programs.
* Developed business plan to expand product application into health information services vertical.
* Developed Product Evaluation program and guide.
* Established relationships with large govt. prime contractors resulting in several new Homeland Security business opportunities.
* Authored HIPAA whitepaper, ROI model, Sales qualification & Value Proposition documents.
Ironside Technologies, Chicago, IL July 2000 to August 2002
Recruited and developed B2B eCommerce software channel and technology partner relationships in the central and Canadian geographies with a focus on product revenue generation through a formal business planning process. These included “Big 5” consulting relationships, as well as with smaller regional Systems Integrator and Services providers and software firms like Commerce One and Highjump Software. Instituted “lunch & learns” to combat SI partners lack of focus on product offerings. Company was acquired by SSA GT.
* Signed and developed ten new partners in the first year including MarchFirst & Deloitte
* Led all other regions in generating over $1.55M of sales revenue toward a $1.4M quota in 2001
* Developed corporate ROI model that significantly reduced sales cycle
J.D. Edwards, Chicago, IL August 1998 to May 2000
Senior Channel Marketing Consultant
Provided product and sales support for visual product configurator to worldwide sales groups and partners in the form of customized demos, RFP’s, collateral development, trade show presentations, and focused, high-level sales calls.
* Retained and promoted after JDE acquisition of Premisys
* Integrated vertical software product into corporate product demo
* Direct contributor to $3M+ in software revenue in 1999 (Hoffman Enclosures)
* Helped define product integration requirements and development strategy
ConsenSys Software Corp., San Jose, CA August 1995 to August 1998
Opened new mid-western regional sales territory for ECO software startup. Carried a $1.2M quota with the business development challenge of direct sales and channel buildup. The company has shutdown.
* Sold the region’s first two systems into North American Lighting and Gore Systems
* Was over quota for 1996 and 1997 to lead all regions
SDRC, Schaumburg, IL June 1993 to February 1995
Product Data Management Consultant
Provided consultation, sales-cycle development and closure for regional sales force and VAR channel. Company was acquired by EDS.
* Initiated reseller relationship with Spectragraphics Corp.
* Excellence Award winner
* Direct contributor to region surpassing sales quotas for 1993 and 1994
Prior to 1993:
Held various sales, sales support, consulting and engineering positions with McDonnell Douglas/PC Productivity, Digital Equipment Corp(6 yrs)., AutoTrol, and Caterpillar(6 yrs).
Univ. of IL EE
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.