Purchasing Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Purchasing/Buyers
|Desired Job Location: Princeton, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 9/5/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 09/10/07
|Desired Wage: 95,000.00
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: No
Supply Chain professional with over 20 years of diversified procurement experience in Pharmaceutical Industry and Biotechnology seeks a challenging career opportunity where his leadership, experience and Supply Chain knowledge will be maximized to the fullest.
Senior Buyer -Power Medical Interventions (a Medical Device company) Langhorne, PA 2006 to Present
- Implement Procurement policies, procedures, and guidelines for mechanical parts, MRP, Equipment, Services.
- Responsible for external manufacturing of machine parts, components, fixtures, molded parts and services.
- Negotiate contracts and supply agreements with suppliers relating to electronic assemblies, machined parts.
- Negotiate, develop and manage supplier relationships to ensure favorable terms and competitive pricing.
- Lead projects to improve cost, quality, and service with external suppliers.
- Support R&D and new product launches in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering and Strategic Planning.
- Monitor costs, quality, and delivery performance metrics relating to machined parts and assemblies.
- Identifies and implement metrics for evaluation group and individual performance.
- Lead cross-functional team and prepare reports, presentation to senior management.
- Coordinate and drive supplier improvement programs to maximize value.
- Develop and implement effective cost management programs to deliver year-on-year cost improvement.
Senior Procurement Specialist (formally Commodity Manager) – Pfizer Inc., Parsippany, NJ 2004 to 2006
- Procurement leader responsible for all Indirect and non-production areas supporting multi-plant facilities.
- Procurement lead for purchasing of engineering, construction services, and production equipment.
- Negotiated supply agreements relating to Raw Materials, MRO plant services, Lab Chemicals, Facilities Services, IT.
- Developed and implemented sourcing strategies to drive process improvements in cost of ownership of materials.
- Conducted continuous market analysis (baseline setting, trends, pricing) for assigned commodity.
- Developed commercial terms and conditions; negotiate contracts and agreements for goods and services.
- Performed supplier audits & maintain performance measurements as per cGMP, FDA requirement.
- Developed specifications, Statement of Work (SOW), terms for Equipment, Preventive Maintenance & Services.
- Project manager that Implemented/trained internal customers on ARIBA eBuy 8.2 in 2005.
- Prepared RFQ/RFP’s and analyze bid proposals consistent with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Maintain preferred supplier list and evaluate supplier performance via established metrics.
- Member of Strategic Sourcing team on Supplies (MRO) & Services that negotiated cost savings of $1.5 million.
- Managed a total spend of $175 million for indirect Materials, Services and Capital Equipment.
- Analyzed expenditure base to identify and manage cost reduction projects.
Purchasing Manager – PURDUE Pharmaceutical Co. Totowa, NJ 2003 to 2004
- Negotiated supply agreements in support of Raw Materials, Equipment, Marketing Services, Legal, Facilities Services.
- Procurement lead for purchasing of engineering and construction services, and production equipment.
- Prepared RFQ/RFI/RFP’s and analyze bid proposals consistent with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Supervised two junior buyers in activity of supplier selection, RFQ, negotiations and awarding contracts.
- Analyzed needs, identified opportunities, develop business cases and build consensus for sourcing strategies.
- Assured that Purchasing Department was cGMP, ISO 9000, DEA and FDA compliant.
- Conducted Reverse Auctions on selected leverage categories.
- Perform Supplier and Supply Market Analysis, Cost Modeling/Purchase Price Analysis of goods and services.
Senior Buyer/Capital – PSGA a Johnson & Johnson Co., Raritan, NJ 1997 to 2003
- Negotiated multi million dollar contracts for Service, Facilities Services and Capital Equipment.
- Realized cost savings (CIP) of $2.0 million for 2002 on capital projects and facilities.
- Six Sigma, Green Belt Certified in Process Excellence, Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Prepared presentations; develop databases, spreadsheets, project plans and reports as required.
- Managed MRO & equipment spend categories for site including; planning, development and compliance systems.
- Facilitate or lead cross functional teams in association with indirect spend categories related to Facilities.
- Developed and implement sourcing strategies, negotiated contracts for Capital Equipment, MRO and Services.
- Created SOW on Bid Procedure guidelines for MRO, Capital Equipment, and Facilities Services.
- Leverage Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Supplier Management System (SMS).
- Trained and performed activities relating to eBuy, E-commerce/reverse auctions and Free Markets.
- Managed a total spend of $225 million for indirect Materials and Capital Equipment.
Senior Purchasing Agent – Synthes (USA), a Biotechnology company., Paoli, PA 1995 to 1997
- Negotiated strategic agreements with suppliers related to machine parts, raw material, services and equipment.
- Served as single point of contact and accountability for both suppliers and internal customer.
- Performed supplier audits as required, to insure compliance with QSR, FDA, and GMP requirements.
- Established raw material safety stock levels to meet demand requirements to ensure inventory targets are met.
Senior Purchasing Agent –General Electric Co., Aerospace Division, King of Prussia, PA 1985 to1993
- Negotiated and managed FAR/DFAR contracts relating to DOD, DOE and NASA that exceeded $25MM.
- Responsible for outsourcing over $25million of fabricated machine parts in support of various DOD contracts.
- Team Leader and supervised 4 junior buyers responsible for sourcing machined parts, special tooling, raw material.
- Participated with contracts administration to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
MS, Master of Science - University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AK Major: Operations Management
BS, Bachelor of Science - Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL Major: Industrial Technology
AA, Associate of Applied Science - Community College - US Air Force, Robins, GA Major: Inventory/ Logistics
Six Sigma - Green Belt Certified, Lean Manufacturing, ISO, cGMP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, cGMP, Experience in ISO/FDA regulations, ePro/ARIBA B2B, Strategic Sourcing methodologies, PMI, G2 e-SCOR, MS Great Plains, P2P.
MILITARY: US Air Force (1980-1984), Honorable Discharge
LANGUAGE: Fluent in Spanish
Proficient in SAP ERP MM R/3, SAP ERP R/3 – Purchasing, AS 400, Oracle, JD Edwards, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, MS Project Manager, e-Commerce, e-Auctions, e-Sourcing, eBuy, ARIBA 8.2, eRFP, e-Procurement, ePay,
e-Invoicing, PeopleSoft, Lotus Notes, Emptoris, ELANCE 4.6, E-Commerce, E-Auctions, E-Sourcing, Visio, Crystal Report, P2P.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.