Supply Chain Quality Director Resume
|Desired Industry: Transportation/Air, Sea & Land
|Desired Job Location: Orland Park, Illinois
||Date Posted: 5/23/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
|Desired Wage: 40000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, Less Than 25%
|Highest Degree Attained: Masters
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
Supply Chain Quality Director
QUALITY DISTRIBUTION - MARKHAM, IL
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS FEB 2007 - PRESENT
- Directed and oversee day-to-day operations of four Chicago terminals.
- Achieve the P/L at a loss of $9500 as oppose to $83,000 in the first 2 months.
- Implement solutions that eliminate measurable cost while adding value to our service.
- Collaborate with clients to create efficiencies that reduced the overall cost of providing services.
- Assure appropriate employee training in the areas of safety and operating practices.
- Supervise maintenance on trucks and chassis, as well as managed an operating budget of 36 million dollars.
HANJIN SHIPPING - PHOENIX, AZ
SENIOR GENERAL MANAGER OF RAIL OPERATIONS NOV 2006 – FEB 2007
- Hired as General Manager then promoted within 2 months to Senior General Manager.
- Oversaw 900,000 containers, and territory consisted of all North America and all of Canada.
- Handled operating budget of $350 million.
- Supervised 25 Managers and workforce of over 130 employees.
- Promoted to Senior General Manager that reported only to Vice President and President.
- Negotiated all Class One Railroads contracts and focused on derailment issues along with analysis of damage claims.
- Coordinate train movement through North America and Mexico, and collaborate with all Class One Railroads.
QUALITY TERMINAL SERVICES - CHICAGO, IL
TERMINAL MANAGER 2005 – 2006
- Served as an independent contractor, providing operational services to the railway industry.
- Administered operations of CSX rail Transport terminal, including all ramping and de-ramping.
- Managed $1.5 budget and 91 employees.
CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY - HOMEWOOD, IL
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT 2004 – 2005
- Coordinated railroad lines for regional division of $11B rail Transportation Corporation.
- Ensured compliance with Canadian National’s employment policies, safety and operating rules, scheduled agreements and government regulations.
- Directed $1M+ budget, a team of 125 union employees and management staff of 25.
OPERATIONS MANAGER, CSX INTERMODAL - BEDFORD PARK, IL 1997 - 2004
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR, CSX INTERMODAL- BEDFORD PARK, IL 1994 - 1996
SAINT XAVIER UNIVERSITY - CHICAGO, IL
MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Degree in Operations Management MAY 2001
ROCKHURST COLLEGE - KANSAS CITY, MO
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEGREE MAY 1994
Personnel Decisions International - Executive Development Assessment Program - Montreal, Quebec - 2005
- SUPPLY CHAIN QUALITY DIRECTOR -
Process Reengineering - Supply Chain - Cost Reduction - Intermodal Shipping - Safety Engineering International Regulations - Distribution - Quality Control - Regulatory Compliance - Union Relations
- 13 years of railroad experience and handling of all packaging quality issues
- Experience in beverage/liquid transportation
- Adept in simplifying complex problems
- Currently the director of operations for Quality Distribution
- Highly organized and an exceptional team player
- Excellent trainer and motivator
- Vast technical knowledge
- Resourceful and cooperative
- Adept in analyzing situations and develop innovative solutions
- Responsible for moving freight from Korea to Mexico and North America
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Troubleshooter and effective problem solver
- Implemented safety guidelines at CSX, reduced accident rates by 50% in the first 6 months and a total of 70% for the entire year.
- Developed and implemented speed restrictions throughout the yard and directed posting of stop signs and speed bumps in higher risk areas.
- Created $1.8M in revenue in less than one month at CSX.
- United Parcel Service offered CSX an incentive of $18K for every train dispatch on-time that ensured on-time package delivery.
- Reduced Pacific Rail Services expenses by 28% through restructuring vendor relationship.
- Received fast promotion to operations management position based upon on-time performance at CSX.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.