|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
||Date Posted: 5/21/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
Enthusiastic, competent, and tenacious technical writer and trainer, skilled in addressing a wide variety of audiences. Reputation for producing high-quality work while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor. Creative with a great eye for detail and experience working for companies in a variety of industries, from software to logistics to pharmaceuticals. Fast learner who picks up new procedures and techniques easily to communicate those to an audience in either written or spoken forms.
Express Scripts, Bloomington, MN 2006 to Present
Trainer / Technical Writer
• Learned a new application, created training materials, and delivered internal training in less than three weeks, earning over 98% satisfaction rating.
• Assisted documentation team in meeting an important deadline by making significant contributions to the team during first week of employment.
• Selected to be team lead and interim manager after being with the company only one month when the documentation manager left, until a permanent replacement was found.
HAL, Inc., Houston, TX 2002
• Learned Flash programming on own to make changes to the company website, saving the company thousands of dollars in design fees.
• Created warehouse documentation of software application for non-native English speakers, providing greater worker efficiency and accuracy for the client.
Openwave Systems, Inc., Bellevue, WA 2000–2001
• Reviewed all documentation company-wide and changed the company name and logo after a merger, saving other team members time.
• Produced release notes for a product during the night when the product changed at the last minute, allowing customers to have the most up-to-date and accurate information on the day of release.
• Completed training in editing to increase personal productivity and reduce review time.
IBM, Rochester, MN 1998–2000
Software Engineer (Technical Writer)
• Created online documentation for developers that improved efficiency using AS/400 Toolbox for Java.
• Assisted a co-worker who was on medical leave by taking over a QShell project. Learned the tool and documented the necessary updates while meeting the deadline.
CYBERSPACE, Seattle, WA 1996–1997
Website Design Intern
• Created a help-desk intranet to improve the efficiency of employees and increase customer satisfaction.
• BS in Technical Communication
BA in English
Minor in Computer Science
University of Washington, Seattle WA
• Train the Trainer Certification
• Copy Editing Certification
Bellevue Community College
Toastmasters, May 2006 – Present
• 2006–2007 Toastmaster of the Year for Noontime Expressions
• Competent Communicator award
• Competent Leader award
• Advanced Leader Bronze award
• First place—Humorous Contest at Club level; Second place in Area
• First place—International Contest at Club and Area levels; Fourth place in Division
• First place—Tall Tales Contest at Club level; Fourth place in Area
Windows FrameMaker Snag-It Dreamweaver
Visio Microsoft Office RoboHelp HomeSite
• Medical Transcriptionist
• Chiropractic Assistant
• Medical Billing
• Medical Office Manager
Writing samples available at http://jennifer.minnesotapros.com.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.