Counselor/Menatl Health Resume
|Desired Industry: Counseling
|Desired Job Location: Haleyville, Alabama
||Date Posted: 5/15/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 05/15/07
|Desired Wage: 22000
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: New Grad/Entry Level
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Bachelors
||Willing to Relocate: No
To bring to the workplace my life’s experience and educational skills to enhance Recovery for those who seek relief from the bondage of addiction. To be a part of team
whose primary focus is to incite change in the lives of others.
• Case Management * Depression
• Didactic groups * Assertiveness Training
• Relapse prevention * Sexual Abuse
• Substance Abuse * STD/HIV Awareness
• Provided therapeutic intervention, at my level of knowledge, to adults
adolescents using individual and family group treatment.
• Worked in cooperation with local and community officials to resolve
legal and civil issues of clients by providing status reports and information on progress.
• Coordinated and provided community-based substance abuse
counseling to adults adolescents and teenagers.
• Facilitated groups in areas of Disease Concepts, Self-Evaluation, and Spirituality.
• Provided individual counseling to the families of the addicted
• Spoke in schools and community forums on the topics of methamphetamine abuse and prevention
• Advocated at local levels for substance abuse prevention funding
Community Counseling Service, Columbus, Mississippi
Relief Care Worker
• Provided supervision of clients in residential setting
• Responsible for transportation of clients to outside meetings and appointments
• Worked as a member of a ‘treatment team” by providing progress notes and charting to counselor’s and administration
• Offered support and encouragement to clients with issues of addiction
• Responsible for disciplinary citations
Activities * Member in good standing with Alabama Alcohol and Drug Abuse
• Advocated politically at local level
• Victims Impact Panel
• Associate presenter of “Drugs and Our Community” in local churches
• Youth Minister of “Uplink” at House of Refuge
• Director and Founder of ‘Pathways to Promise” transitional housing
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology May 2006 to Current
Ashford University, Clinton, Iowa
Mississippi Association of Addiction June 2006
Jackson State University, Jackson, Mississippi
Liberal Arts Nov. 1991 to June 1993
Northwest Shoals Community College
Phil Campbell, Alabama
Standard Diploma June 1989
Haleyville High School,
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.