|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: Rockville, Maryland
||Date Posted: 2/25/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: May 23, 2007
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel: Yes, 25-50%
|Highest Degree Attained: Doctoral
||Willing to Relocate: Yes
A full-time job in data analysis or quantitative research which can use my extensive statistical analysis and computing skill.
Intern Statistician, Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Rockville, MD Summer 2004, 2005
• Reviewed many NDAs (New Drug Application) to find qualified data sets.
• Wrote SAS programs to investigate the performance of three statistical methods that are used to evaluate the efficacy of drugs under dropout condition using real data.
Statistical Consultant, Statistics Laboratory, University of Maryland, College Park, 2004 - 2005
• Provided professional advice on statistical experiment design and data analysis to various clients.
• Wrote sophisticated SAS programs to perform data analysis in various projects.
• Tutored graduate-undergraduate students on mathematical statistics and statistical computing methods.
Simulation Analyst, Inventory Council, GE Power System, Schenectady, NY, 2001
• Simulated and analyzed the production capacity of a new GE manufacturing plant with ProModel.
• Wrote programs with VB/VBA in Excel to simplify raw material scheduling process.
• Used Microsoft Visio to design flow charts of the turbine manufacturing process.
• Developed a generic template for capacity analysis simulation with Excel Macro and ProModel, including writing the associated manual.
Current Doctoral dissertation work
• Develop a statistical method to do cluster detection using semi-parametric density ratio model.
Master thesis work
• Used Unlabeled Data in Classification & Regression Tree and its Application in Market Segmentation.
Teaching and Research Assistantships
• Lectured recitation sessions, held office hour for students, graded homework.
• MATLAB programming.
• Ph.D. Department of Mathematics, University of Maryland, College Park Major: Statistics 2007 (Expected)
• M.S. Department of Decision Science and Engineering Systems (DSES) Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), Troy, NY
Major: Operation Research & Statistics 2002
• B.S. Department of Physics, Nanjing University, China Major: Physics 2000
• Statistics: data analysis / mining / modeling, statistical simulation / computing / experiment design.
• Professional software: S-Plus/R, MATLAB, SAS, Promodel, SPSS, STATA.
• Programming: VB/VBA macros in MS Office family, C/C++, database SQL.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.