Sales or Marketing Manager, Medical Devices Resume
|Desired Industry: Biotech
|Desired Job Location: Sacramento, California
||Date Posted: 2/9/2007
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||Availability Date: 2/16/07
|Desired Wage: 100K
||U.S. Work Authorization: Yes
|Job Level: Management (Manager, Director)
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained: Other
||Willing to Relocate: No
While I have thoroughly enjoyed working with my current organization for the past 9 years, I am currently seeking a change in order to realize the next step in my professional evolution. I am seeking a leadership position, where my clinical, sales and leadership experience may be used to spark market growth and contribute toward the enhancement of healthcare for clinicians and patients.
OCTOBER 1998 - PRESENT SOURCE SURGICAL, INC. SAN FRANCISCO, CA
• One of three original team members of this Northern California based neurosurgical and spine-focused distribution organizations. Source Surgical represents the products and technologies of multiple top-tier manufacturers. The sale consists of highly sophisticated capital equipment and procedure-based, renewable products such as spinal instrumentation.
• Created the “Source Surgical Two Minute Offense” sales training program.
• Provided professional education programs to physicians, nurses and administrators.
• Wrote Primary Vendor proposals for hospital contract negotiations.
• Sales Representative of the Year 1999-2000
• Sales Representative of the Year 2002-2003
• Largest Order in Company History ($459K) 2003
• Highest Total Growth in Sales Dollars, Western United States, Spinal Implants 2004
• Top 5 Performers in United States, Vertebral Body Replacement Devices, 2004
APRIL 1997 – OCTOBER 1998 BRAINLAB, INC. PALO ALTO, CA
Western Regional Manager
• Assisted with the start-up of U.S. operations for this Munich-based company, which focuses on stereotactic and radiosurgical software applications.
• Selected, trained and supervised five Western U.S. sales organizations.
• Created and implemented “Hospital Revenue Recovery Plan for Acquisition of New Technology”.
• Developed and implemented CME and CEU accredited seminars, offered as part of “Value Added Proposal Strategy”.
• Closed large San Francisco account by creating “Center of Excellence” program.
• Continued to build cooperation with the sales team by working closely with them in the field.
• Managed sales and marketing efforts to provide community education forums and referral centers.
TORI CONNER, PAGE 2
JANUARY 1993 – MARCH 1997 NEURONAVIGATIONAL, INC. COSTA MESA, CA
Sales Trainer / Clinical Specialist
• Responsible for the sales training and clinical efficacy of sales teams across the Western United States and Asia for this company, which developed neurosurgical endoscopy equipment.
• Authored “Neuroendoscopy: Principles, Procedures, and Considerations” reference & training manual.
• Authored “Troubleshooting Field Guide for Neuroendoscopic Procedures”.
• Speaker at Skull Base professional conferences in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
• Developed strategic alliances with key Asian medical centers to establish and promote minimally invasive treatment options for pediatric neurosurgery.
• Traveled to Japan, Korea and Taiwan quarterly to assess Asian business development, meet with neurosurgeon product champions, monitor new product launches and train sales reps.
• Developed collaborative relationships with key pediatric neurosurgeons in order to continue the evolution of the product line and improve surgical techniques.
SEPTEMBER 1985 – JANUARY 1993 SURGICAL STAFF, INC. SACRAMENTO, CA
Certified Surgical Technologist
• Clinically challenging staff-replacement position for all Sacramento area acute care facilities.
• Required extensive knowledge of surgical procedures and principles across all clinical disciplines.
• Acted as Clinical Liaison – this position was responsible for modifying any and all changes to a surgeons’ preferences, routines, and special equipment requests.
• Orthopedic Team Leader 1991-1992
• Neurosurgical Team Leader 1992-1993
1981 – 1983 MOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY MOREHEAD, KY
1983 – 1985 UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY LEXINGTON, KY
Additional skills include:
- Public speaking, presentations
- Multimedia presentations
- Clinical & technical writing
- Creative problem solving
- Development & implementation of
I believe that my success on the business side of this industry is due in large part to my deep understanding of surgical principles and procedures, as well as my demonstrated ability to form lasting, collaborative relationships with my customers.
I have enjoyed the opportunity to lead sales teams, and believe that managers empower their representatives best through education and hands-on field support. My sales philosophy is built on the principles of honesty, education, follow-through, preparation, and differentiating yourself from your competitors by being creative and going the extra mile.
Available upon request.
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.