Senior Consultant, Project Manager Resume
|Desired Industry: Computer Software/Programming
|Desired Job Location: Ewing, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 12/22/2006
|Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
||U.S. Work Authorization:
|Job Level: Experienced with over 2 years experience
||Willing to Travel:
|Highest Degree Attained:
||Willing to Relocate:
Senior Consultant, Project Manager
Key Properties Consulting Ewing, NJ 2005–2006
Reported to the principal. Designed and implemented IT solutions for company and
business partners. Performed data analysis and research for articles and
* Wrote handbook for working with persons with disabilities for state real
* Created standardized exam for university real estate classes.
* Assisted business partner in significantly reducing help desk calls.
* Assisted business partner in selecting and implementing disaster recovery solution.
Vice-President of Computer Operations and Software Development
Cenlar FSB Ewing, NJ 1999–2005
Reported to the CIO. Managed the Information Systems Life Cycle (ISLC) for all
custom programming and the customization of off-the-shelf programs. Responsible
for management of the production environment including the computer room,
execution of production programs, and system administration.
* Led a staff of nine full-time employees and six long-term consultants.
Several consultants worked part of the time from overseas. Specialties included
.NET and ETL programmers, DBAs, Crystal Reports developers and a QA manager.
* Created and managed capital and operational budgets over $5 million and a
special projects budget over $2 million.
* Technical leader for a new automated mortgage servicing aggregation business
line that has the highest profit margin of any of the company's products.
* Formed a data acquisition strategy and implemented an on-line data store
which automated many previously manual processes throughout the organization.
* Guided the design, development and implementation of a web-based system that
allowed internal users and external business partners to input new loan data
into the mortgage servicing system. The system increased internal user
efficiency by 70%.
* Fashioned and implemented an Information Systems Life Cycle for the company.
* Managed the conversion of all legacy software to Y2K compliance. There were
no Y2K issues post-January 1, 2000.
* Directed the conversion of all in-house software and databases to use an
expanded ten-digit loan account number, increasing the possible size of the
portfolio in a time of heavy loan refinancing.
* In a time of small salary increases, retained all but one full-time employee
by working to create an enjoyable work environment.
Cenlar FSB Ewing, NJ 1994–1999
Reported to CFO. Responsible for all aspects of information technology at the
bank, including technical support, software development, computer operations,
telecommunications and help-desk.
* Led a staff of seven full-time and one part-time employee.
* Created and managed both capital and operational budgets over $5 million.
* Despite limited budgets, upgraded desktop equipment and operating systems for
all users and converted server environment from Novell Netware to Windows NT.
* Added internet access and internet email.
* Purchased a COLD product which replaced slow, costly microfiche (which often
went missing) and paid for itself in hard dollars in the first year.
* Designed and wrote software to support a large refinance program designed to
curb the runoff of the mortgage portfolio because of reduced interest rates.
* Built software solutions that allowed the company to use its existing
mortgage servicing platform to subservice and become the nation's second largest
* Negotiated new contracts with long distance service providers which saved
over $100,000 in telecommunications costs.
Manager of Servicing Systems
Cenlar FSB Ewing, NJ 1992–1994
As a second vice-president, reported to the servicing manager. Served as chief
technical resource for the mortgage servicing department. Ensured that users had
the information technology resources to perform their jobs efficiently.
* Led a staff of two fulltime employees.
* Converted the 135,000-loan portfolio database from our Florida subsidiary to
the headquarters database, allowing the company to consolidate its mortgage
* Served as liaison to the company's chief information technology provider.
Managed all aspects of the multimillion-dollar contract: auditing bills;
supervising the installation and use of standard enhancements; writing
requirements and managing the creation of custom enhancements; serving on user
committees; and working with the vendor's executives, their staff, and the user
community to get the most from their software.
* Improved the execution speed and reliability of in-house custom programs and
cut service bureau costs for adhoc reporting by 90%.
Data Processing Manager
Greentree Mortgage Company Marlton, NJ 1990–1992
As assistant vice-president, reported to the CFO. Responsible for all data
processing activities except telecommunications.
* Led data processing activity for loan origination and servicing departments.
* Managed a staff of two programmers and an operator in mortgage originations.
Responsible for designing and creating custom programming to work along with an
origination system whose creators had gone bankrupt.
* Supervised an operator responsible for data entry and mainframe print
functions in mortgage servicing.
* Designed and implemented a marketing system which reduced the time to
generate daily prices by 75%.
* Created custom and adhoc programs for the mortgage servicing department.
Meritor Savings Bank Philadelphia, PA 1988 – 1990
Reported to the Assistant Vice-President for Mortgage Systems. Responsible for
mortgage servicing portfolio data conversions and creating custom reports.
* Led a staff of four fulltime programmer/analysts and one consultant.
* Directed a project to combine the parent companies mortgage servicing data
with its subsidiary, and use the subsidiary's service bureau. More than 130,000
* Converted a large series of ad-hoc programs which ran on our service bureau's
system to run on the parent company's mainframe. Saved more than $275,000
University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA
* Physiological Psychology
Delaware County Community College Marple, PA
American Research Corporation Monterey Park, CA
* Management training
Rutgers University New Brunswick, NJ
* Project Management Critical Skills Certification
Mercer County Community College West Windsor, NJ
* Member, Project Management Institute; PMP candidate
* District Award of Merit, Cradle of Liberty Council, Boy Scouts of America
* Chapel of the Four Chaplain's Legion of Honor Award (in recognition of
service to all people regardless of race or faith)
Project Management, Business Analysis, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0,
ASP and ASP.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL Server 7, 2000,
Data Warehousing, Microsoft Project, PMBOK, RAD, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe,
Candidate Contact Information:
|JobSpider.com has chosen not to make contact information available on this page.
Click "Contact Candidate" to send this candidate a response.