Under policy direction of the Medical Director with support of the Leadership Team, the Associate Veterinarian provides professional diagnostics and treatment of companion animals. The scope of the treatments includes medical, nutritional, dental, and surgical care, as well as wellness, preventative, and emergency care.
Associate Veterinarian Requirements:
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- An active and valid license to practice veterinary medicine in the state of California.
- An active and valid DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) license to prescribe controlled substances.
- Active and current accreditation with the USDA's NVAP (National Veterinary Accreditation Program) to issue certificates of veterinary inspection for patients that will be traveling across state or national borders.
Associate Veterinarian Responsibilities:
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Associate Veterinarian Benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (80 hours per fiscal year)
- Health and dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Professional dues paid for AVMA, CVMA, and AAHA
- Professional license fees paid for veterinary license and DEA license
- Liability and license defense insurance with PLIT
- CE allowance of $2,500 per fiscal year
- Four (4) paid CE days per fiscal year
- VIN Membership
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer match
WE ARE ACTIVELY LOOKING TO FILL THIS POSITION. APPLY NOW AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED PROMPTLY! APPLYING TO THIS POSITION MAY QUALIFY YOU FOR OTHER POSITIONS AS WELL!
If you are looking to join a team that supports a highly collaborative environment, encourages a work/life balance, and truly is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve, then this is for you! This clinic is actively interviewing and looking to bring on the right individual very soon. If this sounds like an opportunity you may be interested in or would like to hear more about, feel free to reach out to Zach Huisken at firstname.lastname@example.org -- Resumes are welcomed appreciated!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.