Area of Accountability:
In this position the intern/co-op will be exposed to a variety of Engineering projects at the corporate and R&D level. Support the design, test, and evaluation and manufacture of truck suspension components.
· Assist in developing the fundamental scientific principles of operation of product concepts.
· Create mathematical models of product components and systems, and analyze their performance to determine design suitability for prototyping and testing.
· Provide design/drafting support for product layouts and production releases.
· Manage testing programs for suspension, brakes, air springs, and shocks with in-house and outside labs. Write test requests and coordinate availability of test samples/hardware. Monitor progress to ensure on time completion of test.
· Develop test record filing system and manage system to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
· Aid in completing lab benchmarking on general performance data (i.e., articulation, curb climbing, etc.)
· Assist lab technicians in performing strain gauging, data acquisition, and data reduction.
· Support divisional prototype activities by working with suppliers and internal customers to process prototype orders and requisitions.
Perform other tasks and projects as assigned
· Enrolled student working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
· Minimum GPA 3.0/4.0
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; experience with project management.
· Strong PC Skills (spreadsheets, database management, word processing) a must and proficiency in AutoCAD, Unigraphics, and ProE a plus.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and complete tasks within demanding time frames with minimal supervision.
· Strong numeric and analytical skills.
· Self-motivated with good project management, organization and planning skills.
· Ability to travel on a minimal level.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer