Integrity Reliability Engineering Specialist Job
|Location: Houston, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/26/2020
|Job Code: 200001IO
We are currently looking for a Integrity Reliability Engineering Specialist to work with our Oil & Gas group in Houston Texas. You will work with close guidance and supervision to execute tasks and support Lead Engineers and Project Managers working on related tasks and projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert in asset integrity reliability and diagnostics.
- Drive integrity reliability analysis for gas transmission pipelines, facilities, and storage system.
- Ensure technical quality in evaluating the likelihood of failures with respect to all integrity threats.
- Assess the effectiveness of threat management programs and reliability-based optimization.
- Review the delivery of monthly system-wide reliability metrics to support the Asset Integrity Core Process and quarterly probability of failure results to support system-wide risk assessment. This is performed through efficient coordination of technical and administrative resources, including (but not limited to):
- Providing technical guidance and support to the reliability team;
- Providing technical review and approval to ensure accuracy of integrity reliability analysis and associated department outputs (reports, presentations, etc.);
- Support developing team's technical competency through coaching/mentoring/motivating.
- Provide integrity reliability expertise for requests to support the Asset Integrity Core Process and other critical integrity decisions.
- Convey technical findings to stakeholders, management, and regulators (as required) in a practical way.
- Develop Pipeline Integrity Reliability processes and procedures updates.
- Recommend and oversee:
- Continuous improvements to existing reliability techniques;
- Development of new techniques to support departmental objectives; and
- Development and maintenance of tools required for reliability analysis.
- Support Finite Element Analysis-related projects through providing engineering judgement, reliability best practices, and other areas of technical expertise.
- Support the Integrity Reliability Manager with decision making and strategic planning.
- Enhance corporate understanding of reliability through the development and implementation of formal and informal training programs and associated documentation.
- Drive pipeline industry advancement through participating in conferences, publishing results, and supporting industry initiatives (e.g. Regulators meetings, Codes and Standards Committees, PRCI).
- This position's responsibilities include:
- Safety: identify potential safety issues to maintain and prove system safety through following existing processes and performing non-standard in-depth analysis.
- Stakeholders: interact with several internal and external stakeholders to manage integrity safety.
- Financial: recommend/support changes to the asset plans to maintain system reliability which. may impact financial performance.
- People: provide guidance to members of the Reliability team and external stakeholders through leading technical projects.
- The position's decision-making authority is limited to project/goal-level decisions. Larger decisions which will have a significant impact on the company will likely be recommended by this position but approved by higher levels of management.
- This position will require significant independent judgement/discretion regarding all technical work within the individual's expertise.
- Frequent communication and relationship building is required for key internal contacts who provide information to support reliability analysis and also make requests to the reliability team to support decision making. The reliability results will be used to support the analysis from key stakeholders (risk management, pipeline integrity planning, etc.) and the client management team.
- Infrequent communications will occur with external stakeholders.
Understanding of scripting languages (e.g., Python) and finite element analysis (e.g. Abaqus, ANSYS).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, statistical/mathematical tools (e.g. MATLAB, @Risk)
- Critical thinking skills related to both technical engineering/reliability analysis and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers, internal stakeholders, and external stakeholders in both formal and informal settings.
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills are also required for this position.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including coaching/mentoring/motivating junior staff.
- Demonstrated ownership of safety and integrity values.
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver's License.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful passing of a drug & alcohol screen.
- Experience in making safety critical engineering decision under uncertainty.
- Journal and conference publications in probabilistic/quantitative risk and reliability analysis.
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) - American Society of Quality (ASQ).
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Master's degree in engineering (e.g., civil, mechanical, chemical) from a recognized university.
- Registered or eligible to register as a professional engineer.
- 10 years of experience in engineering, including:
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs;
- Integrity Reliability analysis including advanced statistical analysis, results interpretation, system modelling, etc.;
- Finite element modeling and analysis; and,
- Research-related projects requiring review of industry literature, interpretation of a variety data types, and generation of conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Stantec Inc
|Company: Stantec Inc