Our Client is searching for a Data Entry Clerk
SUMMARY - Prepare, scan and index documentation that is received for pension application requests, participant death notification, and other information relative to updating a participant's file.
The group member will ensure that she/he provides extraordinary services to applicants by processing their input efficiently and accurately and to members of the Pension department by capturing all data accurately and in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Organizational Services Supervisor.
* Performs mail sort.
* Prepares and maintains labeled bins for daily mail processing by delivery date.
* Sort incoming applications by pension plan, date stamp and place in bin
* Copy original identification documents enclosed with applications and generate a response
letter to the participant for return of documents.
* Attach letter to originals and forward for mailing.
* Prepare all incoming correspondence for scanning by inserting a T patch between each document with new social security number.
* Index and data capture using Share Point.
* Release documents that have been indexed to workflow.
* Logs in priority mail on Electronic worksheet.
* Delivers mail to management staff, departments and individuals.
* Collects mail that needs to be scanned and indexed.
* Maintains hard copy batches of documents that are indexed daily.
* Reviews imaging desktop for death certificates and mails original death certification with bin book letter when necessary.
* Verifies that "priority" mail was scanned and completes note on Electronic Worksheet.
* Receives and scans MPR (Monthly Payroll Report) batches into ES Indexing Queue for Indexing.
* Receives and scans prepared Audit and Delinquency batches into AD Queue for indexing.
* Processes verification's within a 48 hour window
* Separates different Organization letters.
* Attaches appropriate inserts to letters and places in appropriate envelope for mailing.
* Makes copies of letters for Local Unions and Chapters
* Folds and inserts letters in appropriate envelope
* Takes bins with envelopes to mail room
* Mails monthly "New Pension Members" report to the Local Unions.
* Maintains address labels for Local Unions and Chapters
* Address changes in the 2200 system.
* Move address for returned mail.
* Assists with mailing of pension letters.
* Assists department with special projects that may arise from time to time.
* Meters outgoing mail when necessary.
* Assists with receptionist relief as needed.
* Assists with mail room duties as needed.
* Indexes payroll reports.
Employees in this position must be able to prepare, scan, index, and capture all incoming correspondence with accuracy within a 48 hour turnaround time-frame.
Incoming Faxes must be indexed and on the database within a 24 hour time-frame.
ES Scanning - Average of 2,000 documents in a 7 hour window.
Indexing/Scanning - Average of 80 items per hour
35 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with ½ hour or 1 hour unpaid lunch
Knowledge, skills and general abilities:
* Accuracy - strives for the highest level of accuracy possible from the tools used and
* Administrative - completes all group forms as required.
* Communication - communicates with other group members, and department leadership in an effective and polite manner.
* Creativity - finds a resolution to an imaging or data entry problem.
* Customer Service - attends to work with a service centered approach.
* Dependability - ensures that attendance and timely arrival support the achievement of the group goals.
* Flexibility - takes direction and re-direction with minimal disruption.
* Initiative/Motivation - demonstrates initiative in meeting group goals. Is self-motivated towards providing extraordinary service to applicants and group members.
* Knowledge - possesses knowledge of the processes performed by the group. Must know and understand group and Organization goals.
* Problem Solving - solves day to day problems and is able to determine when these problems should be raised to management level.
* Teamwork - works as a member of the team within the assigned group.
* Technical - performs all processes required of role in the group.
* Has the ability to learn other skills as required for job achievement.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded or adjusted to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary.