The Opportunity | Group Controller
Reporting into the Division Controller, this position coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations for a group consisting of five business units. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Provides tax, insurance and other reports required by governmental regulations.
The Company uses a Shared Services model for Financial Accounting. This position will be required to coordinate with the Shared Services teams to ensure proper accounting and reconciliations are performed.
Location: Remote work possible
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and other regulatory or governmental requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) as well as Corporate policies and procedures. Must stay attuned to early warnings of financial problems, and be able to provide suggestions on decisive action to resolve or address these problems.
- Administers preparation and timely filing of all financial reporting for governmental and regulatory agencies annually.
- Works with Shared Services Accounting to ensure proper accounting;
- Provide counsel and advice to business units or management in developing objectives, strategies and tactics from an accounting and financial perspective.
- Participates in senior management team meetings to review financial performance against objectives and targets; reveals obstacles to growth and develops strategies to overcome these obstacles.
- Encourages brainstorming and creative approaches to enhance company's growth, worth and profitability.
- Stays informed regarding potential liabilities faced by the company on all fronts, and works with the senior management team to mitigate these. Must stay attuned to early warnings of financial problems, and be able to provide suggestions on decisive action to resolve or address these problems.
- Establish a clear understanding of other functional areas of company and provide guidance to executives of Product Development, Operations, Quality, H.R., Strategic Development and Sales in relation to department financial goals and strategies..
- Directs and co-ordinates the activities of the company's finance and accounting staff as it relates to revenue recognition and cost accounting and works with Shared Services to ensure proper accounting within the remaining accounting activities.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of annual and quarterly budgets, forecasts, and cash flow projections to guide the financial management of the company.
- Directs and controls the activities of several functional areas within Accounting and has overall responsibility for the successful operation of those areas.
- Provides training and guidance to finance and accounting staff.
- Bachelor degree in financial management discipline, Masters in Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Certification in a recognized professional designation
- 7-10 years experience in corporate accounting, preferably in a manufacturing or high technology environment
- Knowledge of SAP preferred or similar ERP system
- Strength of character, with the ability to take clear, decisive action in steering the company's worth
- A history of active involvement and success in steering companies from the senior management team (beyond the responsibilities of financial reporting)
- Must be willing to travel.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.