The Opportunity | Steam Plant Operator/ Test Technician
- The candidate will be required to be able to start up or shut down all test facilities and related support equipment (boilers, feed systems, fuel systems) Performs setup of component tests from a written or verbal procedures.
- Performs maintenance from boiler firesides to calibrating system controllers.
- The position involves special production testing of valves, components and systems. The individual must be willing to alternate shifts to accommodate testing schedule.
- Interact with customers regularly and provides detailed feedback on current tests.
- At least two (2) years of working experience with steam plants and pressurized water systems that operate at 400psi or greater. Including start-up, shut down, and plant support systems.
- Navy engine room experience preferred.
- Associates degree or trade school equivalent in a mechanical discipline preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.