Operates and manages the JITC GCCS-J Lab at Fort Huachuca planning and executing tests for incremental software releases. The Information Technology Analyst-Principal should have recent and cumulative experience with DoD intelligence, networking and automation systems.
Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-J) Laboratory systems and applications. Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of lab's IT systems. Identifies and resolves problems associated with operating systems.
Performs analytical work in support of testing, evaluation, and certification of IT/NSS related to networks, systems, and equipment. Incorporates DoD interoperability directives and instructions in all T&E processes. T&E support areas include developmental, operational, standards conformance, capability, and interoperability covering the broad spectrum of DoD, Federal, and Government IT. Provides for complex Information Technology Analyst support, advisement, and direction regarding detailed technical and/or operational guidance and recommendations to T&E or T&E infrastructure design and implementation efforts for GCCS-J Lab.
Relies on extensive experience, education, training, and judgment to plan and accomplish specified goals. Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs and makes recommendations to improve T&E support and services. May design new products or suggest improvements to existing products for project management and testing. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must be an expert at problem solving, identifying risk, and communicating results and recommendations to senior management. Will report to a project manager. Additionally, this position provides test support and services for 6-12 tests per year based on frequency of incremental software releases.
For applicants who provide systems administration support in areas where these capabilities may be gained through extensive on-the-job experience, specialized formal Government training, or institutional training and certification, the On-the-job experience must be in specific IT fields.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree and at least 8 years of experience; or
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- Requires at least 1 certification in area of specialization. Additional certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance at time of hire.
- Active CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- At least 7 years of System Administration experience to include, managing multiple domains, groups policies, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), configuring and managing virtual machines/environments (VMware ESXi), configuration and application of HBSS/EPO, understanding of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
- System administration experience on least one of the following operating systems: Linux, Unix, and Windows
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels
- Quality oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Have practical and working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (program managers)
- Additional Certifications - CCNA, JNCIA
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Familiarity and experience with GCCS-J or Service Component for GCCS
- Familiarity and experience with DoD Intelligence Systems and Processes
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.