The Opportunity | Material Handler (Contract)
As the part of Materials group, under general supervision, carries out semi-routine tasks in support of either the receiving or the distribution function. Generally works with clearly established procedures to perform responsibilities.
This is a 3 month contract position with possibility for extension.
Major Accountabilities /Deliverables
In Receiving, the focus is on the processing of material from the time it arrives in receiving until it is consumed in manufacturing. Tasks may include:
- Unloading of delivery vehicles, verifying the load, confirming, signing and logging waybills in SAP;
- Examining shipments for damage, and processing discrepancies;
- Verifying box counts, sorting and delivering receipts to correct location;
- Processing material at count areas;
- Delivery of material to stock rooms, including verification and maintaining First-in-first-out policy;
- Perform variety of kitting and order picking functions;
- Maintaining policies and procedures up to date, training others as required;
- Recommend process improvements;
- Assisting with Cycle Count activities.
In Distribution, the focus is on processing sales orders and shipping requests, ensuring all documentation is completed in an accurate and timely fashion. This role is also responsible for the accurate and secure storage of finished goods. Tasks may include, but not limited as follows:
- Picking and packing products for customer shipments;
- Contacting carriers to pick up freight;
- Putting stock away in the warehouse;
- Preparing shipping documents in strict accordance with current customs legislation;
- Loading and packing freight on to trucks, including confirmation that carrier receives correct shipment;
- Cycle count inventory;
- Resolving discrepancies, and recommending changes to processes to reduce future discrepancies;
- Maintenance of warehouse environment.
- Material kitting and stockroom experience
- Strong team player with customer service skills
- Ability to manage priorities with accuracy and high quality of work
- Good computer skills. Previous experience with SAP is considered an asset
- Ability to lift heavy objects (minimum 30 pounds)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.