The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for supporting the client/program to ensure services are delivered to meet customer business needs and expectations. Directs and supervises staff which are responsible for first level technical support, documentation, tracking, escalation, and follows up of all client incidents. Ensures staff has required technical and customer service skills and process knowledge. Assists in the development of incident management procedures and policies. Job performed with minimal supervision.
· Supervise staff responsible for first level technical support, ensuring all incidents are properly documented, tracked and resolution occurs within client Service Level Agreements.
· Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees, directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
· Assists with taking customer calls as needed.
· Assists with setting goals and objectives for the Service Desk Operations organization.
· Facilitates the day to day management of customer problems/requests/issues.
· Monitors incidents and ensures that Service Level Agreements are met.
· Identifies and recommends areas which need to be addressed by new or streamlined procedures.
· Performs follow up on incidents with customers as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Develops and maintains knowledge of customer and customer specific business environment. Ensures staff acquires customer specific skills and knowledge.
· Supervises and/or works on project work as appropriate. Provides support for new business transition activities as required.
· Provides leadership and direction to staff as required. This includes training, evaluations, staffing, time reporting and other HR issues, as appropriate.
· Maintains an informed status of operations by attending meetings, conferences and focus groups as appropriate.
· Clearly defines and communicates roles and expectations to supervised personnel.
· Responsible for monitoring employee performance and behavior, coaching, mentoring and taking corrective action as appropriate.
· Recognize and value the contribution of supervised staff, recommending promotions, compensation, and termination.
· Assists in developing and communicating the necessary policies, procedures, standards and processes that promote productivity and effective resource utilization.
· High School or GED credentials of completion; Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience
· 5 plus years in the IT Operational areas (Service Desk, Operations, etc)
· 3 plus years computer operations/helpdesk
· 3 plus years' client service or public relations experience
· Experience with incident tracking system
· 0-2 years of management experience or experience as a team lead.
· Top Secret SCI w/poly clearance
· Service Desk background
· Understanding of Service Desk metrics and how they are applied to Operate / Supervise a service desk.
· ITIL: Foundation or better
· HDI: (Supervisor or better)
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong Leadership skills
· Ability to remain calm and courteous in periods of stress
· Ability to work on several problems simultaneously
· Ability to work with broad range of experience levels
· Organized/strong administrative skills
· Willingness to work overtime and varying hours as required
· Basic operations and network skills
· Ability to organize staff and supervise workload for maximum efficiency
· Willingness to travel as required