The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for supporting and leading a complex Service Delivery team, providing direction for team members within scope of contract/Statement of work. Responsible for Service Desk/Emergency Operation Center to include SLA & KPI metric attainment. Acts as the liaison between service lines and counterpart within the client leadership. Provides and manages escalation support as it relates to designated service line. Ensures service lines execute on all deliverables.
· Overall responsibility for leading multiple programs, departments, or functional areas in a part time manner and as designated. Oversees, directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
· Responsible for ensuring Operational process and procedures are being followed for designated service lines, taking any needed corrective actions as required.
· Responsible for taking feedback and any escalations communicated by counterpart within the program leadership; documents feedback & Escalations and take or recommend actions to address.
· Monitor service line queues on a daily basis and provide feedback to service line leads to improve operational services.
· Leads efforts in setting goals and objectives for the Service Desk Operations organization.
· Facilitates the day to day management of customer problems/requests/issues.
· Monitors incidents and ensures that Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met providing leadership and responsibility to address any failed SLA.
· Identifies, recommends, and executes areas which need to be addressed by new or streamlined to include procedures, knowledge collateral, operational staffing, etc.
· Performs follow up on incidents and escalations with customers as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Develops and maintains knowledge of customer and customer specific business environment. Ensures staff acquires customer specific skills and knowledge.
· Manages and/or works on project work as appropriate. Provides support for new business transition activities as required.
· Provides leadership and direction to staff as required. This includes training, evaluations, staffing, time reporting and other HR issues, as appropriate.
· Maintains an informed status of operations by attending meetings, conferences and focus groups as appropriate.
· Clearly defines and communicates roles and expectations to manage personnel.
· Responsible for monitoring personnel performance and behavior, coaching, mentoring and taking disciplinary action as appropriate.
· Recognize and value the contribution of Manage staff recommending promotions, compensation, and termination.
· Assists in developing and communicating the necessary policies, procedures, standards and processes that promote productivity and effective resource utilization.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent relevant work experience
· PMP certification
· ITIL certifications beyond Foundation
· HDI-leadership certifications (Supervisor, Manager, or Director level)
· 7-10 years Personal Computer experience including customer service call centers, Command Center and Service Desk operations
· 5+ years of customer service or public relations experience
· 7+ years of management experience
· Top Secret SCI w/poly clearance
· Experience with an incident tracking system (preferable ServiceNow or Remedy)
· Excellent understanding of ITIL processes.
· Excellent coordination skills across multiple departments of the program/client system.
· Experience managing multiple and differing IT operational teams.
· Ability to constantly adapt to a growing and diverse delivery operational environment.
· Ability to execute organizational delivery Operational directives in an independent manner providing needed updates and assistance for senior management as required.
· Strong administrative and organizational skills.
· Willingness to work overtime and varying hours as required.
· Aptitude to multi-task workloads.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with Senior delivery and client leadership.
· Full understanding of Service Desk operations and Customer operations.