The Opportunity |Contracts Administrator -Defense
- Review of customer inquiries, contract documents, contract terms and conditions and correspondence as part of the bid evaluation and subsequent proposal process.
- Coordinate, prepare and write proposals for new contracts as well as changes to existing contracts. Develop pricing strategies in support of EMD's financial objectives.
- Participate in negotiation of those proposals with existing and prospective clients. This includes negotiation of financial and administrative terms and conditions.
- Administer assigned contracts and changes thereto in order to best ensure that work is completed in compliance with division processes, procedures and contract requirements including corporate and Government requirements for ethical and legal conduct.
- Evaluate financial, compliance or performance issues associated with assigned contracts and recommend appropriate actions to resolve.
- Request contract modifications as required and/or appropriate.
- Maintain liaison with customers and internal personnel to expedite and coordinate contract activities. This includes clear written and verbal communications.
- Employ problem solving skills to effectively resolve issues with the customer and internal/project personnel.
- Complete assigned tasks in a comprehensive fashion and in the time-frame specified.
- BS or BA in Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-7 years' experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of supply and services contract structure
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR terms and conditions
- Experience in customer negotiations and problem solving
- Good understanding of financial metrics and calculations
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.