The Opportunity | Supplier Quality Engineer / Liaison
This position will play a key role in the Quality Assurance and Sourcing organizations to ensure both customer and company quality requirements are met.
Location: Bethlehem, PA (greater Philadelphia area)
* Develop and evaluate supplier performance metrics to facilitate supplier improvement.
* Perform capability and capacity assessments of potential suppliers
* Lead joint technical reviews of complex purchases following purchase order award
* Improve current suppliers' delivery, reliability, and consistency of supply performance
* Identify improvement opportunities in the manufacturing & design processes for new/revised product designs
* Perform management system and process audits at suppliers.
* Establish and maintain relations with suppliers, inspectors, auditors, and customers
* Must be willing to travel locally and out of state. Total travel approximately 40% of your time.
* Assist other departments as necessary in establishing standards relative to ensuring product quality.
* BS Engineering or equivalent
* Experience in planning and implementing supplier oversight programs
* Strong attention to details
* Excellent communication skills
* Prefer experience in:
* Manufacturing environment
* ASNT Level II or III certification in NDT
* Regulated Industries (e.g., military, nuclear power, aerospace)
* Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt / Master Black Belt certifications
* ASQ Certifications
* Auditor certification
* Must be US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.