The Opportunity | Field Service Engineer
Provide Field Service Technical direction in support of US Navy aircraft carrier, submarine, and various support vessels. Technical direction primarily associated with shipboard installation and overhauls of Curtiss-Wright steam turbines and trip throttle valves, in addition to other OEM equipment. Standard responsibilities to include but not limited to engineering oversight through disassembly, inspection, complex repair report writing, reassembly, and testing of related equipment. Ability to work in industrial environment, long hours and shift work required as necessary.
Location: Chesapeake, VA
- Technical interest and passion in heavy rotating oil lubricated machinery
- Close attention to detail in all aspects of job is necessary
- Works well under pressure and communicates well amongst peers
- Preferred to have knowledge of a shipboard construction environment
- Must possess computer knowledge in complex report writing ie) MS office
- Fluent in technical troubleshooting and reading assembly & parts drawings
- Comprehensive understanding of and usage of measuring tools including micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and/or 5-10 years experience in the related field
- Must be US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
- Prior experience with maintenance overhaul activity on complex rotating machinery, preferably steam turbine experience.
Willing and able to travel up to 3 weeks at a time, up to 25% yearly
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.