A local agency is in need of an experienced Employee Benefit Account Manager. Must have at least 2 years' experience. Must have a strong work ethic, a drive to succeed and a "can do" attitude. Knowledge of various carriers, ability to help with quotes and proposals, new business and renewals.
Primary Job Purpose:
Manage an assigned book of business with a diverse clientele in numerous industries. Accounts may be fully insured, partially self-funded, self-insured or captive. Work within a team to take care of clients' needs with the intent and purpose of working towards 90% plus client retention.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing pre-renewal, renewal, and marketing reports
- Comparing health plan benefits and costs
- Calculating employee contributions and working out contribution strategies to meet client's budgetary requirements
- Prepare annual client service plans
- Conducting annual open enrollment meetings, health fairs and webinars as needed
- Collecting new client information for HIB technology offerings
- Authoring correspondence, communication materials and compliance notices as required
- Negotiating rates and benefits
Desired Core Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assist the Producer to organize and meet meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Knowledge of employee benefits/health plan implementation and administration
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, regulatory issues such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, as well as various state and federal regulations specific to health insurance
- Ability to negotiate rates and benefits with carriers
- Minimum of 2-year degree preferred
- Two or more years working in group health insurance, or benefit brokerage/consulting
- Life and Disability license required
I look forward to chatting with you about your aspirations for a future career. Contact Casey Padilla at (605)705-4467 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.