Large stable national brokerage with great benefits, development opportunities, rewarding work, strong rewards and recognition, community involvement, family engagement and positive work-life fit is looking to fill an Employee Benefit Account Executive role. This role provides strategic and tactical consulting and account management support on an assigned book of business.
- Serve as the primary operations liaison between company and clients. Under the Producer's direction, serve as primary technical advisor to clients on all group insurance issues. Interface effectively and confidently with senior management of clients and/or prospects, representing company in the highest professional manner.
- Develop with the Producer new business within the book of business.
- Prepare an Annual Service Plan for each client. Meeting with clients quarterly or as necessary.
- Oversee renewal and marketing efforts and take a lead role in carrier selection and/or financial negotiations: a. Oversee/approve all vendor, plan design, and financial recommendations in concert with Account Manager and Producer; b. Write the Executive Summary for the Annual Renewal/Marketing report; c. Prepare implementation schedule.
- Review drafts of all employee communication pieces.
- Review and sign-off on all agreements and/or documents.
- Schedule and lead all client meetings; attend enrollment meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that data in BenefitPoint is loaded and updated annually for all assigned clients.
- Supervise Account Managers and Account Administrators in preparation of Monthly Experience Reporting, Mid-Year Report, and Annual Renewal/Marketing Report.
- Review the Revenue by Client report on a monthly basis. Ensure commissions due for all clients are paid on a timely basis. Seek opportunities to increase commission income at renewal time.
- Handle complex underwriting and funding issues and strategies.
- Develop mutually-beneficial relationships with insurance carriers and administrators to generate optimal results for clients (competitive costs, competitive renewals, expedient problem resolution, etc.).
- Direct/assign special projects for clients as needed in concert with the Unit Manager.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of insurance coverages and markets.
- Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses as needed.
- Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the customer.
- Communicate in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
- Interface with top management of other businesses, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner.
- Attend company and department meetings, position-related seminars/classes, carrier functions, and social events as required.
- Comply with procedures and policies; make decisions in compliance with established standards of quality, performance, and service.
- Understand when to proceed alone and when to involve the Producer or others.
- Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
Typically 5 years of Client services experience in the employee benefits industry is required
Firm working knowledge of group benefits in multiple product lines and a basic understanding of risk management
Working knowledge of different financial arrangements and products available to clients
Strong knowledge of underwriting, financing, and funding approaches
Ability to prepare and present client presentations with clarity and understanding
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
Ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of client and company information
Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft
Ability to use office equipment such as a computer, keyboard, calculator, photocopier, and facsimile machine
Ability to work on a computer for a prolonged amount of time
Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
Legally able to work in the United States
Jane Halvorson is eager to have a conversation with you about your aspirations for a future career. Please contact her at (605) 988-8543 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have a conversation about this exciting career advancement opportunity!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.