P&C - Commercial Lines Team Leader
A fast growing Insurance Brokerage firm in CA is looking for a strong leader for it's Property & Casualty Commercial Lines department. This person will be responsible for managing the operational activities of the department in managing a team of 10-11 associates as well as oversee some commercial house accounts.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
* Provide technical expertise in coordinating the inside service of new and existing clients as well as assisting in new sales and cross selling opportunities
* Proactively assist client in client request for information, documents, follow up and general insurance needs. * Assist Producers and account service team with renewal presentations and client visits
* Manages the office control of client renewal timing and ensures team is in compliance with timelines and guidelines
* Maintain service standards at all times and lead, mentor team in achievement of these standards
* Maintain department reports
* Manage associates utilizing: performance reviews; mentoring sessions; goals and priorities; maintaining work schedules; project assignment and follow-up
* Act as Account Executive on house accounts that you manage
* Other projects, assignments and duties as they arise
Knowledge & Skills:
* 5+ years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all Property & Casualty insurance coverage's, underwriting and rating concepts.
* Knowledge of all markets and coverage's is required
* Existing carrier relationships a plus
* Must be able to communicate with insurance carriers - representatives and underwriters
* Experience in Large, Mid-market and small commercial is required
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Prior management experience is a plus
* The ability to work as a team, but also lead, mentor, motivate the team
* Fire/Casualty (P&C) License is required
* Working knowledge and experience with an agency management system is required
* Working knowledge of Applied EPIC is preferred
* Maintain the culture of the office
We also administer a profile for all candidates prior to interviewing.
Experience: * Commercial Insurance: 5 years (Required) * Management: 2 years (Preferred)
License: * Fire/Casualty (P&C) (Required)
Benefits: * Health insurance * Dental insurance * Vision insurance * Retirement plan * Paid time off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.