The Controller is responsible for playing a leadership role in financial decision-making and providing strategic financial direction to senior management. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful Controller will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial integrity and health of the company.
Qualities of the successful candidate include:
Bachelor's in Accounting or Business
3+ years' experience in Accounting/Finance within financial services industry
Understanding of regulatory requirements and overall environment.
Preferably understands the call report process.
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
Must understand the features/functions of loan accounting software and how to best use the system in a community banking environment.
Responsibilities of this position include (but not limited to):
- Prepares financial reports; ensures complete/accurate financial, statistical and accounting records on a timely basis.
- Analyses department budgets and allocates operating budget.
- Approves and works with maintenance of the general ledger accounts and provides support to issues relating to general ledger accounts.
- Reviews operational procedures to obtain optimum efficiency and reduced costs.
- Works with auditors/examiners on year-end and comprehensive audits.
Contact our Senior Recruiter Don Strand to discuss this position in more detail. Call/Text 605.809.8517 or email an updated resume to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.