Position: Purchasing Manager - Food Production
READY To INTERIVEW AND HIRE NOW!!!!
Our Purchasing Manager promotes the design, development, and implementation of warehouse, distribution, and logistics solutions.
- Manage labor costs, personnel productivity, inventory levels, data accuracy, and stocking strategies.
- Must be able to measure and report on the effectiveness of departmental activities and operations.
- Must be able to create and maintain safety work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Individual will need to establish and adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands, production schedules, and established workflows.
- Purchasing Manager also implements strategies to improve service quality, employee efficiency, equipment performance, and interdepartmental communication.
- Purchasing Manager is expected to improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices and share warehouse data to improve productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review invoices for accuracy and proper pricing.
- Review and minimize/eliminate OT in departments owned.
- Creates, analyzes, and drives improvement through scorecards.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders for new and existing production materials.
- Identify and develop qualified suppliers who meet company standards.
- Control the cost of purchased materials within budget and generate cost reduction action plans.
- Maintain and support company objectives for cost reduction, inventory turns, and on-time delivery.
- Place purchase orders to meet production schedules while maintaining good supplier relationships and maintaining cost control.
- Manage all aspects of the Supply Department to include the truck shop. Includes direct reports in the parts cage and receiving.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Manage inventory levels and purchase as required.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts.
- Make recommendations to management for cost-saving strategies.
- Develop, maintain, and improve supplier relationships.
- Locate alternative suppliers, products, and services.
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Daily checks of critical inventory.
- Inspect products for quality.
- Oversee repairs on the fleet from pallet jack, forklifts, man & scissor lifts, tractors & trailers.
- Address any issue that arises from the sales team (shortages, damaged boxes, etc.)
- Other duties assigned by the CFO.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
- Ability to be certified on any piece of equipment (bobcat, forklift, man-lift, scissor-lift, electric pallet jack, manual pallet jack, farm tractor, tractor (rig) & fall protection equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities effectively.
Please contact me at (605) 610-3041 to have a conversation about this exciting career advancement opportunity!
Sr. Search Consultant
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.