Main focus and responsibilities:
To review provided documentation and render a credit decision. Ensuring the file meets the investor/agency guidelines:
- Review asset documents and calculate assets.
- Review employment details and calculate W-2 and Self Employment income.
- Review credit report and validate liabilities and credit-worthiness.
- Review the sales contract, mortgage insurance, appraisal and perform compliance checks.
- Review disclosures for accuracy.
- Review applicable ratios (i.e. debt ratios, loan-to-value)
- Notate any required credit and/or closing conditions and subsequently review and sign off on them.
- Issue a final approval, 'Clear to Close' or adverse action on a loan.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the processing team and loan originators as you work together to evaluate a deal
- A broad understanding of residential mortgage loans, and familiarity with mortgage loan products.
- Solid mortgage underwriting experience utilizing AUS and manual underwriting.
- Clear understand of the current RESPA laws and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of FNMA, FMLMC, FHA, VA and USDA guidelines and standards.
- Experience with income calculations including personal and corporate tax forms.
- Experience in Appraisal Review.
- DE/CHUMS highly desired.
For additional information about this position, please contact our Director of Recruiter Alan McMillen at Alan.McMillen@gogpac.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.