The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
• 3 years of Staff Nurse experience at an acute care hospital required.
• 1 year of Acute Care hospital discharge experience required.
• Supervisory background experience preferred.
• Some hospital Case Management experience preferred.
• RN - Registered Nurse required upon hire.
• CPR - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation required upon hire.
• ACM - Accredited Case Manager, or CCM - Certified Case Manager or
Other ANCC preferred upon hire.
• Competency in medical necessity criteria preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel).
• Customer Service skills.
• Ability to engage in complex clinical decision-making.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and communication.
• Strong skills in the preparation of clinically pertinent medical record documentation.
• Critical thinking and analysis skills and conflict resolution skills.
• Position requires flexible scheduling, including weekend and evening shift work as necessary.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Preferred experience with electronic health record and automated case management systems.
• Individual must be self-directed and goal/outcomes/measurement driven.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
At Texas Health Dallas we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966.
A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes