The Storage Administrator resource will work to support the design, configuration and implementation of the data storage environment with particular emphasis on Network Attached Storage and related connectivity. The resource will support the following activities:
1. Design, implement, configure, and maintain non-virtual and virtual storage solutions for OIT managed hosting environments. Note: This is a separate task from other references of storage within virtualized environments, databases, and Mainframe.
2. Assign and initialize online storage volumes, as well as manage online storage thresholds and data archives.
3. Provide data migration/archive management and provide documentation support as well as maintenance.
4. Backup production systems as well as development systems where needed to backup media and alternate processing/recovery sites as required by OIT backup and recovery policy.
5. Monitor backup jobs and provide a periodic Backup Report as requested to management.
6. Support service requests for the restoration of data from the backups as required as directed by the designated government lead.
7. Process, manage, and resolve all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages of the backup jobs and schedules. Contractor shall work with other OIT teams in order to properly establish automated remediation activities pertaining to storage issues.
8. Provide proactive storage capacity management to meet OIT requirements.
9. Monitor and control storage performance according to OIT requirements and perform tuning as required.
10. Maintain and improve storage resource efficiency in accordance with OIT approved thresholds.
11. Provide multiple tiered storage options as well as local storage options where appropriate.
12. Decommission storage and backup environment in accordance with OIT policies and procedures at the data centers.
13. Operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations.
14. Monitors and responds to storage hardware, software, and network problems.
15. Utilizes Storage software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
0-3 years of experience and an information technology field B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
Problem solving skills - experience solving problems as part of the team or individually
Communication skills - experience communicating with team & management, and documentation writing
Team player - must be able to work as part of a team to complete tasks and work towards a common team goal
Self-Starter - looking for someone who can handle work on their own without being prompted to do it. Should be able to identify concerns and raise them to management.
Other Job Specific Skills
Hands on experience with NetApp (Hardware & Administrative)
Controllers types - ideally know the different models and not just from the NetApp brochure
Shelves types - ideally know the different models and their limits
Drive types - ideally know the different drive types and sizes and their use cases
General administration of NFS, CIFS, Fibre Channel - creating, modifying, migrating, destroying volumes/luns and working with other teams to ensure storage is seen
Incident troubleshooting - ideally able to identify root cause quickly and resolve outages when they occur
Cross team collaboration - ideally able to work with other teams to handle day to day tasks or to troubleshoot outages
Hands on experience zoning with Brocade FC switches
Scripting languages: Powershell, Python, YAML
Cloud: Primarily AWS - S3, Glacier, EC2, Security