Systems Engineer II
No supervisory responsibilities. May lead small development groups.
Conducts and coordinates analysis, design, testing, and documentation of software/hardware systems in accordance with the corporate systems engineering process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes customers specifications to derive system requirements and develop requirements specifications and requirements verification traceability matrices
- Prepares and coordinates Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) reviews and presents technical summaries
- Coordinates and executes all action items assigned during reviews
- Coordinates with engineering staff to ensure timely completion of their assigned tasks dictated by their respective milestones
- Develops and modifies test plans and procedures to validate the functional correctness and performance of products
- Executes and/or oversees internal execution of test procedures to validate the correctness of the integrated product, and manages the assignment and resolution of discrepancies documented during testing
- Supports testing at all levels (e.g. functional, system and Hardware/Software Integration (HSI)), Test Readiness Reviews, and customers' acceptance testing
- Coordinates delivery of all Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs all other duties - related to essential duties - as assigned
Education / Experience:
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience in an engineering discipline with a minimum of five years of simulation training systems engineering experience or equivalent engineering development.
Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining US Department of Defense secret security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Systems Engineering of software intensive systems in at least two of the following systems engineering disciplines: requirements analysis and management, system design and/or system test
- Bug tracking tool (e.g., Bugzilla or Team Foundation Server)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communications
Preferred, but Not Required Skills:
- Requirements Management tool (e.g., DOORS or Team Foundation Server)
- Software configuration management tool (e.g., Subversion or Team Foundation Server)
- Experience in a CMMI Level 3 organization
Customer Service Expectations:
Candidate should be able to communicate clearly in oral and written form, and manage presentations to customers with objectivity.