*Lead the planning, execution, and closing of sprints to support the delivery of software products for projects and stakeholders across the enterprise
*Planning responsibilities include facilitation of planning meetings to identify the product
backlog items to be worked in a sprint and to estimate the level of effort of development
*Execution responsibilities include leading daily standup meetings, tracking progress by
keeping the sprint backlog
up-to-date, and helping to remove impediments
*Closing activities include conducting an end of sprint meeting where sprint products are
demonstrated to stakeholders and conducting the end of sprint retrospective with the
*Take initiative and act as a leader to foster collaboration and communication between team members on technical issues, on process improvements, and in addressing and escalating project risks and issues.
*Support cross-project activities such as integration testing with other project teams and identify track and coordinate cross-project dependencies
*Assist with scheduling, status reports, project documentation and representing the project at various cross-functional meetings
*Update Product Backlog Items to include new or revised requirements and backlog items
*Provide expertise in identifying process improvements to reduce defects and errors and improve overall team productivity
*Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or Engineering required,
*At least eight (8) years of related experience required
*Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum)- leading Scrum meetings and developing Sprints, Product Backlogs, Burn Down Charts, and/or developing User Stories
*Clear and precise communicator with solid interpersonal skills
*Strong technical writing and presentation skills
*In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing Enterprise level systems
*Understanding of the role of software development tools and processes such as version control, defect and issue trackers, build processes, team collaboration tools
*Experience working with dispersed teams, and using online communication tools
*Experience working with many development teams (varied personalities and communication styles
*Experience managing deployment processes
*Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional preferred
*Other software project experience such as a developer, tester, business analyst, or technical communicator (writer/trainer) preferred
*Certified Scrum Master (CSM) required
*SAFe certification strongly preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead reviews and analyze efficiencies of project and systems performance management processes.
- Lead reviews of data derived from project and systems performance management processes; summarize findings and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review process documentation and training materials and make improvement recommendations.
- Establish methodologies for performing quality reviews of work products delivered by team members and service providers; establish a baseline and recommend actions to support continuous improvements.
- Evaluate identified issues and challenges related to the effective execution of project and systems performance management processes.
- Conduct reviews/audits of knowledge library and documentation of system operating procedures to ensure knowledge base and methodology are up-to-date and accurate.
- Lead the administration of project and program review activities, facilitate and lead meetings; conduct interviews with customers (internal and external) and team members to elicit business requirements and set achievable expectations. - Analyze system data and performance reports to identify trends and business impact.
- Lead and mentor IT Application Analysts in data analysis and process improvements.
- Act as SME for all systems management processes; act as a leader when the manager is not present.
- Interact with all levels within the organization; develop working relationships with management, staff, stakeholders and business partners.
- Identify and contribute to activities that will result in positive client satisfaction metrics, with a goal of increasing ratings annually.
- Participate in client meetings and evaluates outcomes to ensure the needs of project stakeholders are being met.
- Manage the activities of the project in accordance with MAXIMUS established policies and procedures.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a Ph.D. with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.