Configuration Manager (JSF/ACURL) Job
|Location: Okaloosa County, Florida
||Date Posted: 2/6/2020
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: ATE0003BX
Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force's 96th Test Wing and 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
- The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida's Emerald Coast.
To learn more about the Emerald Coast, click here: https://www.emeraldcoastfl.com/
The Australia, Canada, United Kingdom Reprogramming Laboratory (ACURL) consists of AUS, UK, and US personnel working as an integrated team within dedicated facilities, including a laboratory verification and validation system (V&VS) and supported by various reprogramming tools. The ACURL work force includes operations, engineering, and intelligence personnel supported by security and system administration functions. The US element of the ACURL workforce is delivered by the Partner Support Complex (PSC) which consists of US government and US contractor staff supporting a number of different Mission Data (MD) reprogramming organizations including the ACURL.
This diverse workforce ensures the F35's mission data is high-quality and meets operational requirements. As with all complex systems, diligent configuration management is critical to ensure system stability and product quality. Come be part of our team delivering F-35 mission data to enable USAF mission success.
The successful candidate will join the PSC team at Eglin AFB, FL, supporting the F-35 JSF/ACURL Program. The candidate will perform/administer configuration management duties as the Configuration Manager for systems processing PSC JSF/ACURL information. Additional duties/responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for configuration management (CM) of both developmental and operational systems, services and products. Configuration Manager works with organizational teams to create and maintain multiple, disparate configuration baselines (e.g., development, test, production).
- Design and build a Configuration Management (CM) database or tool for tracking CM data such as product Baselines, Configuration Items, Change Requests, Product Distribution, etc.
- Identifies and decomposes of baseline products into Configuration Items, subcomponents, attributes/technical specifications.
- Exercise CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems, from the initial definition of requirements and capabilities of system baselines through the end-of-life of each system. This includes the periodic performance of configuration audits.
- Recommend and utilize automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
- Provide configuration management planning through development and modifying CM plans, policies, and procedures and tailor them to the complexity and scope of each developmental or operational system, service, or product.
- Defining provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Regulating the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into CIs.
- Documenting and reviewing CM findings and then coordinating corrective action.
- Monitoring standards compliance, as well as change and release implementation.
- Assist in coordination and notification of Approved Service interruptions (ASI) for approved changes (SW/HW Updates, Patching, Configuration Changes, Etc.)
Current/active DoD Secret with an investigation close date no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application unless enrolled in Continuous Evaluation (CE).
Must be able to obtain / maintain a TS/SCI-eligible clearance
Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
BS degree in information systems or computer science is desired. (8 years relevant experience can be substituted for BS Degree)
Minimum of (5) years of experience maintaining configuration management of highly complex systems, services, and/or aircraft hardware/software environments.
Requires extensive experience with establishing and maintaining the consistency of information regarding the design requirements, functional and physical attributes, and operational information of through the identification and documentation of organizational configuration items (CIs).
Familiarity working in operational environments governed by JSIG guidance and policy.
Ability to create and modify custom Adobe forms and database instances/tools to increase the traceability, automation, and assurance of managed configurations.
Practical knowledge/experience applying ANSI/EIA 649b Configuration Management Standard.
Familiarity with mission data product lifecycle for the F-35 Program
Experience performing Software License Management
Familiarity with DoD purchasing requirements and artifacts for hardware and software.
Valid/current DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification (Sec + CE, Etc.)
Familiarity with the use and/or regains outputs from SCCM, WSUS, ACAS, and other online enterprise applications used for update and patch compliance.
Hold current certification in ITILv3, CMPIC, CMMI or other industry standard framework which includes Configuration Management processes
Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 QMS standards and processes.
Attended formal education/training on ANSI/EIA 649b Configuration Management Standard.
Ability to quickly adapt to new situations
Strong commitment to team environment. Ability to work productively and collaboratively in a multi-national AUS/UK/US workforce
Capacity to work with minimal supervision but must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to guidance and direction.
Possess excellent interpersonal, business management, and customer service skills.
Work environment involves sitting or standing for extended periods of time and includes an office setting which includes sedentary physical effort. Position requires typing, and reading from a computer screen and may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Candidate must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Office environment: Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Additionally, position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen and may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Candidate must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Typically Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance and punctuality during scheduled hours is extremely important to ensure availability for meetings and are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. Some flexibility of work hours could be considered in time as the position matures subject to operational requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior and maintain a positive professional work environment at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers through the use of clear, concise, and accurate verbal and written communications skills. Grooming and dress must be appropriate and professional and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Worley