Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force's 96th Test Wing and 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
- The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Come to San Antonio and enjoy a city rich in history and booming with modern attractions.
To learn more about San Antonio, click here: https://www.visitsanantonio.com/
We are seeking a qualified Software Engineer / Web-Enabled Applications Developer, to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract. This contract provides the Air Force support services in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, and test & evaluation.
The successful candidate will use C/C++ and Java to extend the maintain and/or enhance existing product portfolios and support future migration of current applications to web-enabled implementations / applications using C#, ASP.Net, and SQL Server. The candidate will interface directly with customers to understand proposed enhancements and identified issues. Candidate will troubleshoot and fix customer issues and deploy software applications at customer sites. Position will be located at Lackland AFB, TX.
- Typically has a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (with programming/application development focus) or related computer engineering major. Practical experience in software / application development may be substituted with customer approval.
- Must have active/valid DoD TS/SCI-eligible clearance (i.e., DCID 6/4 eligibility) with investigation close date no older than 5.5 years at the time of application.
- Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph
- DOD 8570.01-M IASAE-I / II (exceptions may be possible with customer approval). When exception granted, must have IAT-II certification and have ability to obtain IASAE-I/II within 6 months of hire.
- 5 years of direct/related experience.
- Practical experience building Windows platform applications using C/C++, Java, or Node.js
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to interface applications to databases
- Strong ability to deploy software and database to customer sites
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Unit testing experience
- Practical understanding software development lifecycle.
- Practical experience using JBOSS to build, deploy, and host Java applications and services.
- Web based applications development using C#, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, or SQL
- Experience developing unit tests and test plans
- Experience developing platform agnostic applications
- Experience in relational databases such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, or Oracle.
- Strong experience optimizing SQL stored procedures and functions
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, VBScript, or Perl
- Experience with tools and concepts supporting software version control systems
- Technical knowledge and technical writing ability for writing technical requirements, design documents, and deployment documentation
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Practical experience using WordPress highly desired.
Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer service.
Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English.
Strong commitment to team environment.
Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision and/or unsupervised.
Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal politely and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment, with demanding deadlines while ensuring internal/external customer needs are met.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Lackland AFB, TX.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.