Are you interested in being part of a team directly supporting the U.S. Air Force's ability to enable the warfighter to put weapons on target in all battlespace media? If so, consider joining our team supporting the 96th Test Wing and the 53rd Wing.
- The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida's Emerald Coast.
We are seeking qualified Helpdesk Specialist to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract that provides the Air Force support services in the areas of network, security, and test & evaluation. Position will be located at Eglin AFB, FL and will support the 53rd Computer Systems Squadron Mission Support Center (CSS MSC).
The successful candidate will provide analytical techniques and procedures in support of clients, systems, and networks and consult with users to determine hardware, software, and system functionality. Additional duties/responsibilities will include:
Will provide overall network, user, and systems support and will be identify, prioritize, and resolve reported issues and problems, to include creating network user accounts and the setup/configuration of email
Will serve as helpdesk support, field user calls, determine level of support required, and escalate/distribute those calls accordingly e.g. to Tier 2 or Tier 3.
Will provide support and troubleshooting to users in the areas of account management, enterprise resources application, server administration, networking, and applications.
Will provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for software, hardware, and communications issues related to supported computer workstation systems and applications.
Will perform security patching (analyzing, documenting and taking corrective action for any issues) and system audit collection and perform continuous system monitoring and analysis to ensure optimal systems, network, and user operation.
Will provide hardware/software installation and testing.
Available to perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have TS/SCI-eligible clearance (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligibility) with an investigation closed date within 5.5 years at the time of application.
- Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
- A valid/current DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification (e.g., Security+ CE), or better.
- AS degree in information systems or computer science or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- 1+ years of help desk experience diagnosing and resolving technical problems with both software and hardware.
- Must be able to provide onsite and remote technical support with an emphasis on hardware, connectivity and application issues.
- Must also possess problem solving skills, excellent understanding of desktop operating systems, networking principles and MS applications.
- Must understand information assurance and interact with security personnel on issues related to system security and provide sound information assurance guidance as required. In addition to these responsibilities, Must have strong communication skills.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual
environmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. Position may be assigned to Shift 1 or Shift 2. Notional Shift hours, inclusive of at least one 1/2 hour break, are generally 0600-1430, Mon -Fri for Shift 1 and 1300-2230, Mon-Thu for Shift 2.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.