HRIS System Administrator
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) is developing groundbreaking solutions to manage retirement & healthcare services as well as maximizing investment returns for the state's public education employees. Succeeding in life is about commitment and hard work-maybe a favorite school teacher imparted that idea to you along the way. At TRS, we take that to heart and believe life can also be a balance between giving back while excelling professionally.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Monitors HRIS system daily and responds immediately to system access and usability issues and concerns.
* Monitors and manages systems release and updates related to Cornerstone Modules.
* Maintains human resource information system (HRIS) records and compiles reports from the database.
* Performs routine data entry into HRIS utilizing appropriate paperwork to ensure accuracy of system changes.
* Coordinates, maintains, and enhances human resource systems in conjunction with end users in business areas throughout the agency.
* Works collaboratively with OE Operations Coordinator for successful administration, liaison, and coordination of HRIS development and implementation projects.
* Provides support for HRIS, including researching and resolving problems, unexpected process flaws, and making routine system updates.
* Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate system upgrades, updates, and fixes.
* Serves as the primary ATS (Applicant Tracking System) Administrator and configures templates, forms development, and workflow processing within Cornerstone.
* Supports other Cornerstone module administration including daily support and facilitation of additional system enhancements as determined in collaboration with business partner.
* Determines appropriate user roles/profiles and establishes access for new system users and removes access when necessary.
* Prepares detailed reports and runs system queries to ensure integrity of HRIS data.
* May be the liaison for third party applications integrated with Cornerstone.
* May train system users on functionalities and new features.
* May assist with the decommissioning of legacy HR systems.
* Provides back-up support and assistance to other OE staff and program areas to ensure continuity of operations during staff absences and peak periods.
* Assists in the development of standard reports for ongoing departmental and employee needs.
* Assists with division-wide committees, events, and special projects including employee recognition programs and events.
Performs related work as assigned and participates on special projects and workgroups.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
* High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time directly related human resources generalist experience may be substituted for the required education on an equivalent year-for-year basis.
* One (1) years of full-time directly related human resources generalist experience.
* Two (2) years of experience managing or maintaining data in HRIS systems
* Experience working with Cornerstone On-Demand modules, including LMS, ATS, Perform, Compensation, or Succession.
* Experience in Texas state government HR laws, rules, regulations, practices, procedures, and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* State and federal employment laws, statutes, and regulations.
* HRIS systems and functionality.
* Talent acquisition, recruiting and staffing practices, techniques, and strategies.
* Principles and practices of human resources management.
* State human resources principles and practices.
* Conducting detailed online research.
* Reviewing job applications to assess qualifications.
* Using a computer in a Windows environment with work processing, spreadsheet, presentation and other business software.
* Planning, organizing and prioritizing work assignments to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced and changing environment, and in completing detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
* Effective written and verbal communications, including preparing and delivering complex correspondence, reports, presentations and proposals.
* Maintain awareness of HRIS system development, delivery, and support including system training, various modules and techniques.
* Provide quality customer service.
* Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.