Systems Engineer 3 (Senior Citrix Administrator) Job
|Location: Miami, Florida
||Date Posted: 2/4/2020
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: R100037134
The UHealth IT department has a great opportunity for a Systems Engineer 3 (Senior Citrix Administrator). The Systems Engineer 3 (Senior Citrix Administrator) translates interface requests into workflows and processes that span multiple applications and multiple departments. The incumbent plays a leading role in the design, development, and maintenance of interface programming that is necessary to exchange data securely, accurately, and reliably between multiple systems, databases, web services, and file systems. Moreover, this employee designs, develops, and maintains the enterprise architecture for the integration engine. The Systems Engineer III also oversees major version upgrades and system updates. Further, this employee develops interface logic between multiple systems and successfully implements state of the art business or healthcare management systems.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Leads full lifecycle delivery of software development.
2. Evaluates, designs, and tests clinical applications of information systems for implementations and upgrades.
3. Works with managers, senior administrators, and other leaders to produce required data and to identify project tasks and appropriate time estimates.
4. Develops, designs, evaluates, and monitors common data processing methods and procedures, and identifies opportunities for process improvements for existing and new interfaces.
5. Builds and enforces simulation exercises, reviews design and code for quality control, and maintains procedures to ensure utmost performance.
6. Serves as a technical expert in multiple highly specialized areas of applications systems analysis and programming.
7. Leads problem-solving to troubleshoot and direct resolution of production issues.
8. Researches trends in the integration technology field and maintains level of expertise in this area.
9. Designs and implements viable solutions to technical challenges and assists support staff in resolving issues that require expert advice.
10. Ensures data integrity with each interface and establishes protocols to resolve data accuracy and transmission issues.
11. Ensures that all interfaces are using appropriate standards and record transaction formats.
12. Documents and implements integration environment modifications, in accordance with best practices in the industry.
13. Serves as software technical expert and primary resource for clinical applications to support end-users, including vendors and clinicians.
14. Advises and works with other IT personnel in maintaining efficiency of corporate applications and operating systems.
15. Maintains proficiency and certification with the integration technologies required and the application systems assigned.
16. Maintains reliable performance of the integration environment and overall integration engine(s).
17. Monitors the runtime cycle(s) of live interfaces and resolves downtime issues.
18. Performs analysis to test, develop, modify, and adapt application systems, hardware configurations, and interface programs.
19. Provides problem-solving expertise to troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
20. Leads report generation for presentation to senior management.
21. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
Certification and Licensing:
Epic Certifications or Proficiency
9 years of experience in a healthcare environment
6 or more years Programming/System Engineering experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications
- Knowledge of JCAPS/eGate interface engine and Epic Bridges
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Visual FoxPro, Visual Basic, Oracle, Sybase
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Citrix
- Highly self-motivated
- Extraordinary prioritization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Works efficiently in a high pressure, on-call environment with changing priorities
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving capabilities
Senior Citrix Administrator
- CCA-V, Scope: Installation PREFERRED
- CCP-V, Scope: Manage and Support PREFERRED
- CCE-V, Scope: Design Architecture PREFERRED
Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop
Citrix Provisioning Services
Citrix Netscaler MPX 10.5+
Global Server Load Balancing
Epic Hyperspace experience PREFERRED
Epic Client Systems Certification PREFERRED
VMware vSphere experience PREFERRED
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: University of Miami Health System
|Company: University of Miami Health System