Retail Store Customer Service Associate II (2834) Job
|Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
||Date Posted: 1/25/2020
||Category: Customer Service/Technical Support
|Job Code: 9991/11460
Responsible for customer service inquiries received from internal and external customers regarding multiple lines of business along with maintaining and growing a relationship between Direct Auto and National General Insurance Company policyholders and independent agents. Provide support to the Retail Store Customer Service Associate II role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Take ownership of any inquiry, issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder or Independent Agent and determine appropriate course of action
- Answer inbound calls/chats and field questions pertinent to an existing insurance policy determining the appropriate course of action
- Serve as the initial point of contact after the sale of the policy including but not limited to: recognizing exposure and asking the appropriate, probing questions
- Document specific details of call interaction, processing endorsements and Department of Motor Vehicle filings, answering billing questions and taking payments, while maintaining excellent phone etiquette, and dedication to customer service, and utilizing strong problem solving abilities
- Answer policy level requests for Health such as policy and billing questions, cancellation requests, customer profile updates, processing billing adjustments/drafts, and refunds (Health)
- Answer all calls effectively; de-escalate the call where appropriate and provide solutions that leave the customer satisfied with the resolution
- Access policy details to determine extenuating circumstances including but not limited to: providing coverage information and explanation, answering complex billing questions, processing policy changes accurately, and collecting pertinent underwriting information to ensure the correct premium is assessed on the policy
- Handle most situations independent of a supervisor with ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers
- Provide superior service by delivering a WOW experience for both independent agents, Direct Auto and National General Insurance customers
- Share feedback when training opportunities are identified
- Promote teamwork through consistency, reliability and group cohesiveness
- Communicate effectively through oral and written communication
- Consider process improvements continuously and share those opportunities with Leadership
- Adhere to schedules while maintaining an acceptable level of service, customer satisfaction and quality
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Has established proficiency in handling interactions and meeting performance metrics within the Retail Store Customer Service Associate I role
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute while speaking to customers
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Works independently with little supervision
- Ability to successfully complete Hipaa certification annually (Health)
- Must be customer-oriented and able to effectively trouble shoot and resolve customer questions and concerns
- Ability to adapt easily and high level of flexibility in a constantly changing environment i.e. scheduling, process improvements, and regulatory changes
- Ability to multi-task and manage several systems on a daily basis
- Ability to make decisions quickly by balancing company guidelines and customer needs
- High degree of dependability, motivation and flexibility
- Previous experience in insurance customer service with personal auto, commercial, motorcycle, recreational vehicle, accident and health, supplemental health, and/or homeowners products is preferred
- Active Property & Casualty License
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Company Match
- Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
- On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
- On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
- Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance
|Company: National General Insurance