The University of Miami/UHealth Lennar Foundation Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Perioperative Services Nurse Manager. The Manager is responsible for providing, and ensuring that staff under, their direction provides the highest
levels of professional nursing and clerical support serves in a health care setting. An employee in this position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties related to the management of health care services. The Manager Nursing exercises considerable independent judgment in managing the delivery of health care services. Oversight of all processes in pre-operative, post anesthesia care unit, phase 2 recovery, and surgical scheduling. Works collaboratively with the management team to insure safe, quality care and Joint Commission ever ready
- Assists with the coordination of the clinical and administrative support serves as required for the operation of a healthcare facility.
- Coordinates all medical records human resources. facilities maintenance, inventory controls, account
payables, and medical supplies as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of effective marketing strategies that increases business for the facility.
- Develops systems to make it easier for patients to obtain needed medical care when referrals are required.
- Supervises the performance of clinical and clerical staff according to established policies and procedures.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of staff competency and compliance with administrative, clinical policies and
procedures. Identify problems and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Facilitates communications with insurance companies involving patient care.
- Maintains individual physician master schedules in UChart.
- Serves as administrative liaison between Medical Center and external contractors, vendors and University.
- Communicates with other Nurse Coordinators to coordinate patient care activities.
- Participates with other members of the healthcare team to provide support to patients.
- Ensures compliance with all institutional policies and procedures including mandatory services, employee
health procedures, Federal, State, regulatory and accrediting agencies standards and regulations.
- Assists physician with special nursing procedures as needed.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN, Valid Florida RN License and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience to include managerial experience. CPAN Certification preferred.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the groundbreaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.